- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
Most Read Articles
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Boxing Cheat Sheet: Breakdown of Hopkins-Shumenov
- McDonnell gets WBA title shot on froch groves bill
- Going out after the Froch/Groves fight - What is there...
- *** tickets for sale - quigg,crolla,murray this sat
- *** tickets for sale - quigg,crolla,murray this sat
- Doble Stantards against Floyd/BHOP/Broner/Dirrell/Peterson
- My current top 10 P4P Fighters.
- Personally, Why don't you like Floyd?
- Gants de Bronze 2014 Highlights
- Provodnikov vs Algieri Brighton Beach Press Conf
- rainbow and crazy eyes helping a kid fight cancer - EsNews Boxing
- what makes robert garcia gym so special EsNews Boxing
- Jesus Cuellar getting ready for rico ramos EsNews Boxing
- two 126 champs in one ring in oxnard EsNews Boxing
- Ruslan Provodnikov Enjoying Brighton Beach Boardwalk
- Ruslan Provodnikov-Chris Algieri kick-off presser highlights
- Peter Quillin - Pre-Fight Chat Replay - SHOWTIME Boxing
- Paulie Malignaggi - Pre-Fight Chat Replay - SHOWTIME Boxing
SHOWTIME SPORTS® TO STREAM BERNARD HOPKINS vs. BEIBUT SHUMENOV WEIGH-IN THIS FRIDAY, APRIL 18, AT 1 P.M. ET
Veteran Bernard Hopkins has warned his Kazakhstani opponent ‘to get ready for school’ as he does battle this weekend looking to enhance his unique legacy.
The 49-year-old IBF light heavyweight world champion goes up against WBA Super champion Beibut Shumenov in a world title unification taking place at the DC Armory in Washington DC, this Saturday night, live and exclusive on BoxNation.
As the oldest world champion in history and having reigned supreme in the middleweight division for over 10 years, Hopkins’ legacy in the sport of boxing was cemented long ago. Continue reading →
John Murray says that beating Anthony Crolla will finally earn him the respect he believes his career deserves as the meet at the Phones 4u Arena in their hometown of Manchester on April 19, live on Sky Sports.
The friends meet as rivals in a crunch clash in the Lightweight division, with a rematch for Murray against Kevin Mitchell or a dust-up with former WBO champion Ricky Burns both potential carrots dangled in front of the returning Murray, who is back in the mix after retiring following his World title challenge against Brandon Rios in New York in December 2011.
Murray made it two wins in two since his comeback with a second round stoppage of John Simpson, flooring the rugged Scotsman three times in the round with body shots, but the 29 year old says the reaction to his win has frustrated him. Continue reading →
Bury champion vows to dazzle in WBA defence against Munyai
Scott Quigg defends his WBA World Super Bantamweight title against Tshifhiwa Munyai on Saturday at the Phones 4 u Arena in Manchester live on Sky Sports – and has promised fans they will see him at his very best.
Quigg makes the second defence of his title against the South African and is looking to extend his unbeaten record to 30 fights in style. Last time out the Bury talent saw off Diego Silva in two rounds in the same Arena as the chief-support to Carl Froch’s Brit blockbuster with George Groves in November, and Quigg is excited to be back as the main attraction and ready to show his true class. Continue reading →
Paulie Malignaggi challenges Shawn Porter for Porter’s IBF Welterweight belt that he won off Devon Alexander last December. The inconsistent Porter looked much improved but can he put his skill and strengths together in back to back performances?
This co-feature fight could go either way with Porter being the betting favorite amongst fans, writers, and betting sites. The style matchup and how it will play out has been bouncing around my brain for some time now to the point that I’m still pulling my decision as I write this article.
Paulie Malignaggi’s career accomplishments fit the “Magic Man” nickname perfectly. A guy with no power to speak of yet still was able to make the fighters and fans respect him. Continue reading →
The legend of longevity Bernard Hopkins returns to a familiar place of Washington D.C. to once again add more depth to an already legendary career.
Standing in his way of becoming the oldest unified champion is Beibut Shumenov, a fighter with one loss facing his first huge test. Will it be another day at the office for Hopkins? Or will power and youth be the deciding factor?
In the illustrious career of a living legend one can’t help to wonder how much longer Hopkins can stay on top of his game. Every current athlete is on a Hunger Games list of nature eventually taking course. Continue reading →
MONROEVILLE, Pa. (April 17, 2014) – It turns out promoter Mike Tyson can stir the pot almost as much as heavyweight champ Mike Tyson. Almost.
Tyson seemed right at home in his new role as promoter Thursday as he guided his Iron Mike Productions fighters through the final press conference and weigh-in for tomorrow’s ShoBox: The New Generation event.
Friday’s tripleheader airs live on SHOWTIME®, home of 16 of Tyson’s last 18 fights, at 10:45 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast) from the Monroeville Convention Center in Monroeville, Pa., located outside of the Pittsburgh. Continue reading →
(Photo credit: Tom Casino/Showtime) WASHINGTON D.C. (April 17, 2014) – The fighters, including legendary future Hall of Famer Bernard “The Alien” Hopkins and Beibut Shumenov, who will compete on Saturday’s eagerly awaited “History at the Capitol” world championship tripleheader on SHOWTIME®, participated in the final press conference Thursday at The Hamilton Live in Washington, D.C.
In the history-making main event on SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® (9 p.m. ET/PT following the premiere of Episode 1 of ALL ACCESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana) the 49-year-old Hopkins (54-6-2, 32 KOs), of Philadelphia, will be seeking to become the oldest fighter in boxing history to unify world titles when he puts his IBF Light Heavyweight title on the line against his WBA counterpart, Shumenov (14-1, 9 KOs), of Shymkent, Kazakhstan, who is aiming to become the fastest fighter to unify the light heavyweight division with only 15 professional fights. Continue reading →
As a five – time English National Titlists, two – time British Amateur Title Holder, quarterfinalists in the 2012 World Youth Championship and a top five light heavyweight amateur pugilist in the world, Steed “The Stallion” Woodall, will look to leave a similar impressive mark in the professional ranks as he did at the amateur level, and given his incredible work ethic, determination, impressive boxing skills and great amateur success, it`ll most likely happen. Continue reading →
(Photo credit: Stephanie Trapp/Showtime) Marcos “El Chino” Maidana has a eighty two knockout percentage going into his May 3rd bout with Floyd “Money” Mayweather. Maidana is a pucher with power in both hands and is very confident that he will be able to not only hurt Mayweather but finish him. If you ask most people they will say that the only chance Maidana has of winning will be to catch Floyd with a big punch.
Maidana is focused on delivering his knockout blow, but doesn’t seem to think that maybe Mayweather might be the one catching him with a big punch. When Maidana was asked if he had to be cautious of Mayweather’s punching power as well, he replied “I’m not worried, I’ve been hit by big punchers it doesn’t matter.” Continue reading →
(Photo credit: Stephanie Trapp/Showtime) Marcos “El Chino” Maidana is an underdog, a big bowser in his matchup with Floyd “Money” Mayweather, Jr. Those who are trying to justify a bet on the Argentinian, bank on his punching power. When he clobbers guys, they go down. The key, of course, is the knuckle buster has to land, and It’s doubtful that will be the case come May 3rd.
After all it wasn’t enough against Devon Alexander, Amir Khan and Andreas Kotelnik. His followers might be putting too much importance on his win over Adrien Broner, because Broner’s style is like a poor man’s Money. Continue reading →
Undefeated and top rated heavyweights BRYANT “By By” JENNINGS of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and MIKE “The Rebel” PEREZ, fighting out of Cork, Ireland will clash in a World Boxing Council (‘WBC’) Heavyweight Title Eliminator on SATURDAY, MAY 24, at the American Bank Center in Corpus Christi, Texas and televised LIVE on HBO Boxing After Dark® beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT, it was announced today jointly by K2 Promotions and Gary Shaw Productions.
The winner of the 12-round bout will become the mandatory challenger for the WBC Heavyweight Title, which was vacated by longtime champion Vitali Klitschko earlier this year. Jennings and Perez are currently ranked #4 and #5, respectively by the sanctioning body. Continue reading →
Paulie Malignaggi has vowed to claim his third world title this weekend after he felt he was unjustly stripped of his belt against brash-talking Adrien Broner.
The Brooklyn star goes in against the newly crowned IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter this Saturday night, live on BoxNation, on a stacked card headlined by the ageless Bernard Hopkins who faces Beibut Shumenov in a light-heavyweight world title unification.
But, it is the matchup between the slick Malignaggi and the all-action Porter which has the potential to steal the show, with the seasoned New Yorker adamant that he will bounce back to win his third world title following the loss of his WBA crown to Broner last year. Continue reading →
After watching his performance last Saturday night, Manny Pacquiao should probably retire.
Make no mistake, Timothy Bradley officially and rightly lost by unanimous decision. But the real loser that night, however, was Juan Manuel Marquez.
His emphatic 2012 victory over Pacquiao was dampened by a subsequent loss to Bradley. And now Pacquiao’s convincing win over Bradley has put the final nail in the coffin for him. Why couldn’t he just retire after knocking Pacquiao out? From being on top of the world, he now sees himself sliding down the ladder of relevance.
Now, in the aftermath of his latest victory, Manny Pacquiao now finds himself at a similar crossroad. No doubt, he gave a career-resurrecting performance, with a legitimate, credible win over a previously undefeated Tim Bradley. The question the people are now asking is; who next? Floyd? Marquez V? Continue reading →
By Paul “Paparazzi“ Jones & Justin Jones – Washington, DC —There is a longstanding debate as to whether experience is the best teacher or whether youth trumps experience. Given the age gap between Bernard Hopkins (IBF) and Beibut Shumenov (WBA/IBA), it stands to reason that the outcome of Saturday’s Light Heavyweight Unification bout may help to explain this question.
In the sections that follow, we breakdown the Hopkins-Shumenov match-up, consider their respective strengths and weaknesses, and offer keys to victory for each fighter.1
BERNARD “THE ALIEN” HOPKINS Continue reading →
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
Past Boxing News
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader