30 Years ago Ray Mancini Ended a Man’s Life in the Ring. Now He Meets His Son
St. Sophia Productions announces that “The Good Son, The Story of Ray Boom Boom Mancini” is to have a screening at the Shadow Box Film Festival on November 30.
Ray Mancini was the lightweight boxing champion in the 1980s and became a national hero.
The tells the story of Ray’s rise from the steel city of Youngstown, Ohio to the lights of Las Vegas. It is a tale of fathers and sons, struggle and triumph, heartache and love, compassion and forgiveness. The documentary is an emotional compilation of interviews with Ray Mancini and individuals who have influenced his life, including Ed O’Neill, Mickey Rourke, Sugar Ray Leonard and Jiwan Kim, whose father, Duk Koo Kim tragically lost his life in the ring with Ray Mancini.”
The Good Son’ is playing in NY at the Shadow Box Film Festival – November 30th @ 8pm. If you’re in the area, come on out. The Good Son is playing in NY at the Shadow Box Film Festival – November 30th @ 8pm. If you’re in the area, come on out.
The performance is at the Silas Theatre, 333 W 23rd St, New York, NY
- Sturm vs. Barker – Weigh-In Video
- Ricky Boylan Interview
- Group A, Week 3: Will the Thunder ground the Eagles?
- Malingaggi vs. Judah & Trout vs. Lara: Four highly skilled fighters two 50-50 fights
- Liam Cullen Interview
- Enzo Maccarinelli faces Courtney Fry on Saturday
- Rigondeaux vs. Agbeko & Tapia vs. Kirkland: Return of the 122 King and a classic prospect versus vet matchup
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious