- MANUEL “TINO” AVILA RETURNS HOME AGAINST UNBEATEN JUNIOR FEATHERWEIGHT SERGIO FRIAS ON FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES’ GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES FRIDAY, AUGUST 22
- Rod Salka, Edgar Santana & Jarrod Fletcher Relish Chance To Shock The World On Aug. 9 At Barclays Center
- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
Acelino Freitas congratulates Brazilian Olympians
PHILADELPHIA, PA (August 7, 2012)—CEO of Banner Promotions Artie Pelullo and Former four- time world champion Acelino “Popo” Freitas would like to send congratulations to Yamaguchi Falcao Florentino and his brother Esquiva Falcao Florentino for their historic success at the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
Esquiva a Middleweight (75 KG) has already clinched a bronze medal, which would be the first Olympic medal in Boxing from Brazil in forty-four years
Yamaguchi, a Light Heavyweight (81 KG) has a chance to match his brother’s accomplishment if he can beat the heralded Julio La Cruz Paraza of Cuba on Wednesday.
“I would like to congratulate to the two brothers and the rest of the Brazilian team”, said Pelullo
“For Esquiava to put himself in position to win a medal is a great achievement and something that has not happened for Brazil for a long time and I know the country is very proud of him. Yamaguchi has a chance to not only equal Esquiva but to do it against a Cuban would be a tremendous accomplishment in itself. We had a great chance to meet Yamaguchi while we were in Brazil and he is a terrific young man to go along with being a great fighter”
“Yamaguchi and Esquiva are two talented boxers that Brazil has revealed. And I’m sure we will still hear much about them. They have unique qualities and techniques, and of course my support for winning the Olympic boxing gold medals for Brazil in the next few days. After that, I want to encourage them into the world of professional boxing and give my full support and the right paths to become big names in boxing and who knows, some day our future world champions. “, Said Acelino “Popo” Freitas, four time boxing world champion, boxing television commentator for the Olympics and the Congressman for the sport in Brazil.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Kovalev-Caparello Final Press Conference Quotes
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…