- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Adamek vs. Cunningham II on December 22nd
TOTOWA, NJ – October 16, 2012 – Main Events and Ziggy Promotions officially announced today former world champions Tomasz Adamek, 47-2, 29 KO’s, and Steve Cunningham, 25-4, 12 KO’s, will meet again in a highly anticipated rematch when professional boxing returns to afternoon broadcast network television on NBC, Saturday, December 22. The fight will be held at Sands Casino Resort Bethlehem.
Adamek spoke of meeting Cunningham again, “This is a chance for Cunningham to have a rematch with me. The first time we fought there was knockdown and it was a very exciting fight, the fans loved it. I think this is going to be a very exciting fight for our fans again.” Adamek added, “I am ready for a tough fight. I love a tough fight, because after every big fight I have more fans. I am looking forward to this fight with Cunningham. It has been my dream to be the champion of the world and this is important to me, I will be ready.”
“This is a fight my team and I have wanted since the first one,” explained Cunningham. “Adamek and I have been on two different paths, but in December our paths will collide again. I have respect for Adamek he has done great things in his career, but I’m confident I’ll get the victory. I’m looking forward to it, on December 22nd I’ll be the best Steve Cunningham anyone has seen yet!”
Kathy Duva, CEO of Main Events, was ecstatic,”The first fight was a fight of the year candidate in 2008 when Adamek and Cunningham were cruiserweights. The heavyweight rematch will be bigger and better so don’t fill out those FOTY ballots just yet!”
The fight is promoted by Main Events and Ziggy Promotions in association with Peltz Boxing. Ticket info will be announced shortly.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity