- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- ESPN Thursday Night Fights at ‘The World’s Most Beautiful Race Course’
- Bryant and Santiago set to tangle Friday night at the Hamilton Manor!!
- CANADIAN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP GEORGE CHUVALO SET FOR 2014 HALL OF FAME WEEKEND
- Friday is time to shine for M-1 Global light heavyweight champion Viktor Nemkov
- WARREN WINS SAUNDERS-BLANDAMURA PURSE BIDS
- Bruno Escalante to defend IBA Super Flyweight Title against Victor Ruiz April 5
Adamek vs. Cunningham II press conference quotes
(Photo Credits: Jed Warsager) GARFIELD, NJ – Wisla Club – A press conference was held today to officially announce “BIGGER, BETTER, STRONGER – Boxing is Back on Broadcast” which features the highly anticipated rematch between Tomasz “Goral” Adamek, 47-2, 29 KO’s, and Steve ” USS” Cunningham, 25-4, 12 KO’s. The two former world champions shared their thoughts about this opportunity, as did Main Events CEO, Kathy Duva and Cunningham’s trainer, Brother Naazim Richardson.
Kathy Duva: “I am here to announce a tremendous fight that will take place on Dec 22nd. We have all seen this fight before and I think I speak for everyone when I say that we all can’t wait to see it again. Tomasz Adamek and Steve Cunningham have graciously consented to fight each other again in a rematch of their epic brawl that took place in December of 2008, almost 4 years to the day actually.”
“I believe more people will get to see Steve and Tomasz fight on December 22nd (on NBC) than probably have ever watched either one of them fight in the United States. I can’t even express how pleased I am that this is a fight that we’re going to be able to bring to NBC and to the fans out there.”
“The reception from the media (about this fight), from the fans, if you look on Twitter, if you look on line, if you talk to people on the street, it’s universally positive and excited. This is really what boxing is supposed to be about. And as if it couldn’t get any better, this is going to be the first fight that is going to be on NBC in the afternoon on the regular network in that 4 to 6 time slot in well over 20 years, and that’s a big thing. That again is a big barrier that we are crossing, a giant milestone in this sport. We hope this is the first of many.”
Brother Naazim Richardson: “This is a tremendous fight. Tomasz Adamek is one of the best guys over the last couple years in this sport. He has never embarrassed himself, he’s always been a great ambassador for the sport. He’s always given the audience and his great fan (base) a great outing and put on a pretty good show. So we hope to follow in the same tradition come Bethlehem. Steve Cunningham is one of the toughest spirited guys I have ever seen. It’s been a pleasure working with him. We’re very comfortable and we are very confident and we plan to put on an outstanding show in Bethlehem.”
“I told Steve up until this point you’ve been a good fighter, but you’ve got the opportunity to become an all-time great fighter. And unfortunately you’re in a division where you don’t really have to know how to fight. The only thing you have to do is be big enough to hit them upside the head, cause a man over 200 pounds can swing big and change the whole game plan. Adamek is a big solid dude and he can fight, you gotta deal with this dude to deal with the next dude, to get to the big giant monster. Adamek is nothing close to a joke. Adamek is capable of getting past the Klitschko’s.”
Tomasz Adamek: “Four years ago I was much smaller. I’m stronger, I’m bigger. I’m not 200 pounds, I’m 220. I’m naturally a heavyweight. Still a big heart. I’m not worried about this fight. Everybody who knows boxing business knows I am a different fighter now. I changed from Europe to US style now. It’s difficult to hit me. In 2008 I stand in front and it was easy to hit me, now I am more US style, more side to side. Roger is a smart coach, he teaches me a little bit more every training and I am feeling better and better each time.”
“After 2008 I’m sure Steve was hungry because I took his belt. He’s waiting four years for rematch. I will give him a chance to fight again with me. Should be interesting fight for my fans. Everybody knows me and sees how I’m a big warrior, I’m older by four years but I’m still warrior. I can say to Steve good luck and prepare very well, I’m training hard.”
“He (Cunningham) knows I am ready. I’m looking to win. I have to win this fight because if I do I will be in spot number two. Then after that comes a title fight.”
Steve Cunningham: “Adamek is a great fighter. I really respect him. I can truthfully say with the last fight I under estimated him. We went in to knock him out and you saw what happened, just fireworks, but I ended up getting knocked down three times, but I continued to fight. That’s just the kind of person I am. I just want to put on a good fight and above that win, and above that just bring glory to my God.”
“A fight is a fight. Listen, I came up, before boxing, street fighting. It wasn’t no weight classes, it wasn’t no gloves. It was sometimes weapons, I got stabbed before. People say I’ve got this crazy, great heart. That’s where it came from, Philadelphia, fighting in schools, fighting in the streets, then I went into a gym. So all the heart I got from that prepared me for this.”
“I say God has a plan, so I guess that was part of his plan. I have no fear of any man on this planet. He (Adamek) has done great things as a heavyweight. I think he did a great job in his career, but he’s fighting Steve Cunningham again. I don’t want to make it as close as it was the last time, so we’re willing to put on a great performance, probably the best performance you’ve ever seen out of me.”
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Bernard Hopkins & Beibut Shumenov Washington D.C. Presser Quotes
- DANNY “SWIFT” GARCIA MAKES HIS GRAND ARRIVAL IN PUERTO RICO
- Andre Berto Cleared by Physician for Light Sparring, to Begin Full Contact in Mid-April
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Adamek-Glazkov Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- Huck fractures thumb, March 29th show cancelled
- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior