- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Al Bernstein: Cotto at MSG Equals Excitement
Hall of Fame SHOWTIME Boxing Analyst Al Bernstein says that a fight featuring Miguel Cotto at Madison Square Garden is one of the most unique and exciting spectacles in sport.
Bernstein will be ringside at MSG on Saturday, December 1, to announce the battle between WBA Super Welterweight Champion Austin Trout and Cotto. The fight will be seen on SHOWTIME. “I just did Ricky Hatton’s comeback fight at the MEN arena in Manchester, where the crowd and atmosphere is amazing,” Al said. He added, “That same energy and zeal for a fighter is seen at the Garden when Miguel Cotto fights there. I can’t wait to experience it.”
Al points out that this fight is not a one-man show. “Just as Vyechislav Senchenko silenced the crowd in Manchester in upsetting Hatton, Austin Trout wants to do the same in New York. Trout has never lost as a pro and brings a tricky left handed style into this fight. He is rightfully the underdog, but he believes he can be more than a supporting actor in this drama.”
IN OTHER NEWS:
On Tuesday, November 27th Al hosted an hour of radio on ESPN 1100 in Las Vegas to help raise money for The Caring Place, a facility that helps those touched by Cancer. Al’s wife Connie co-founded the facility, which is now a program of the Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation. Al sits on the NCCF Board of Directors. Many who donated money on this 7-hour radiothon also won as a prize Al’s book, “30 Years, 30 Undeniable Truths about Boxing, Sports and TV.” The book is available on www.Amazon.com and www.barnesandnoble.com.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent