- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
- Red Dawn: Beterbiev vs. Cloud Sept 27 in Montreal
Alvarez vs. Lopez 30 day WBC pre-fight weigh-in
(Photo credit: Golden Boy Promotions/Canelo Promotions) Orange, CA (August 15) – Reigning WBC Super Welterweight World Champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (40-0-1, 29 KOs) and WBC Silver Welterweight Champion Josesito Lopez (30-4, 18 KOs) are in great shape and on point for their world title showdown that is set to take place in just four weeks on Saturday, September 15 at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Today Saul “Canelo” Alvarez and Josesito Lopez tipped the scales for the mandatory WBC 30-day pre fight safety weigh in, which requires title fight participants to be no more than 10% of the contracted weight limit.
Saul “Canelo” Alvarez weighed in at: 167.2 lbs.
Josesito Lopez weighed in at: 166.5 lbs.
About the event
Josesito Lopez (30-4, 18 KOs) is scheduled to take on reigning WBC Super Welterweight World Champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (40-0-1, 29 KOs) on Saturday, September 15 in front of thousands of fight fans at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. The “Knockout King” card will also be televised on SHOWTIME Championship boxing – free to subscribers.
“Knockout Kings,” a tremendous evening of pure Mexican pride, is promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and Canelo Promotions in association with Goossen Tutor Promotions and Thompson Boxing Promotions and sponsored by Corona, DeWalt Tools and AT&T. The quadruple-header will take place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nev. and will be televised live on SHOWTIME.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say