- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Amir Khan launches ‘Super Fight Promotions’ with the capture of young star Haroon Khan
LONDON (2 Oct 2012) – Super Fight Promotions, a new boxing promotional company spearheaded by Amir Khan and long time promoter Dennis Hobson, is pleased to announce its first signing will be Commonwealth bronze medalist Haroon Khan.
Following in the footsteps of his famed brother, Haroon has built up an impressive amateur record of his own, with the highlight coming in 2010 at the Delhi Commonwealth Games, where his speed and movement helped him achieve bronze after boxing his way to the semi-final stages.
Haroon is the first to join the stable, which is set to bring a fresh and innovative new outlook to the boxing industry, with further announcements of new signings to be made in due course.
Speaking of his new capture and company the former WBA and IBF world champion, Amir Khan, said: “I’m delighted that Haroon is the first fighter to sign for Super Fight Promotions. He’s got a lot of talent and I know he can achieve a lot in the professional game. His amateur record will serve him well and I have no doubts that his decision to turn professional will prove to be a very fruitful one. Super Fight Promotions is a company which is going to make big waves in boxing as we actively seek to sign the very best young talent around.”
Haroon Khan, stated: “I’ve always wanted to turn professional and to do so under Super Fight Promotions was an opportunity that I couldn’t turn down. I have big ambitions but will take things a step at a time and I know I’ve got the best team behind me, who have that experience, to help guide my career to the very top.”
Dennis Hobson, a partner in the new promotional company, said: “It’s been a lot of hard work to get to this stage but we’re very pleased to get Super Fight Promotions off the ground with the signing of Haroon Khan. Our strategy for the company is a clear one, we want to give talented young fighters the best platform to succeed at the very highest levels of the sport and at the same time make sure fight fans get to see the best fights possible.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall