- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Andre Berto to fight Cornelius Bundrage on November 24th
By Michael Collins: Andre Berto (28-1, 22 KO’s) will reportedly be making a move up in weight in his next fight on November 24th against IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius Bundrage (32-4, 19 KO’s). There’s no question that this is a risky fight for both Bundrage and Berto. However, this could be a more tougher fight for Berto being that he hasn’t fought and entire year since last September. He’ll be facing a big puncher in Bundrage whole coming off of a long layoff.
Berto has the speed to give Bundrage problems if he can get him out of there early. Bundrage can be hurt as we saw in his stoppage losses to Joel Julio and Sechew Powell. However, it’s been a long time since Bundrage was stopped, and Berto should see this as a signal that he might have to look for a decision win. In that case, Berto needs to pace himself so that he doesn’t run out of gas like he did in his loss to Ortiz last year in April.
Ortiz wore Berto down and by the second of the fight he was able to dominate a tiring Berto. In his last fight, Berto defeated IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck by a 5th round stoppage victory in September 2011. It was a good win for Berto, but he looked like he was starting to run out of gas in the 4th round and it would have been interesting to see if Berto would have faded in the second half of the fight.
Bundrage is coming off a 7th round TKO win over Cory Spinks last June. This was the second time that the hard hitting Bundrage had easily beaten Spinks.
Berto was supposed to have been fighting Victor Ortiz in a rematch, but Berto tested positive for a banned substance which wiped out the fight. It was later learned that the positive test results were due to Berto eating some contaminated health products.
Berto has a good chance of beating Bundrage if he can get to him early before he’s had the opportunity to land some of his hard shots. If Bundrage is able to get into the second half of the fight he could possibly get a stoppage win over Berto.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say