- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
Anne Sophie Da Costa WBF World Champion
Anne Sophie Da Costa of France won the vacant World Boxing Federation Women’s World Strawweight title on Saturday night (October 20), when she defeated Thailand’s former World Champion Teeraporn Pannimit at the Salle Schmitt in Sedan, Ardennes, France.
Rather disappointingly Pannimit failed to make weight and therefore couldn’t win title, and the visitor did appear much bigger than Da Costa. Early on it looked like she might be able to use that advantage to overpower her opponent, but after the first three rounds Da Costa managed to use good movement and footwork to avoid the pressure and score with quick combinations.
Due to the fact that Da Costa doesn’t possess much power, Pannimit always remained in the fight and never allowed Da Costa to relax. The home girl had to remain concentrated until the final bell, and while she was winning most rounds it was a competitive fight.
After ten rounds of boxing, judges Jean Marcel Nartz (Germany), Sergio Sotelo (Mexico) and Christophe Hembert (France) all scored the bout in favor of Da Costa: 99-91, 98-92 and 98-92. The new world champion improved her undefeated record to 14-0 (6), while Pannimit dropped to 17-7 (5).
The fight, attended by a sizable, enthusiastic crowd, was promoted by Jean-Luis Jolly and the Sporting Club Sedanais.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015
- Miguel Vazquez will be looking to out-box Mickey Bey on September 13th