- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
APB gains heavyweight with Bulgarian Pulev
London, Great Britain, 06 August 2012 – With the best Olympic boxers fighting for medals at the London 2012 Olympic Games, AIBA Professional Boxing (APB) continues to contract the cream of the crop for its grand opening in autumn 2013.
Recent winner of the AIBA European Olympic Qualifying Event Trabzon 2012, Bulgarian Heavyweight (91kg) Tervel Venkov Pulev has today signed a five (5) year contract to compete at APB World Level.
Pulev said: “It is an honour for me to have been selected as one of the inaugural boxers of this revolutionary project and I just can’t wait to be part of it. I am excited because I know that I will always fight against the best boxers in my category and not some random guy. I know that if one day I become APB World Champion, it will be because I am the true number one.”
The 29-year-old orthodox fighter from Sofia is one of the most recognizable athletes in the sport, having made his mark at various world renowned tournaments.
Tervel is a two-time European Championships silver medallist with great pedigree. The hard man with the thunderous left hook comes from a real boxing family, his father Venko having been a champion boxer and his brother Kubrat a double European Super Heavyweight Champion.
AIBA President and APB Board Chairman Dr Ching-Kuo Wu added: “APB is going from strength to strength during the London 2012 Olympic Games. This news further underlines how boxers and National Federations care about what AIBA is doing for them. APB offers a secure and exciting plan of career to the very best boxers and an extraordinary platform of development for its National Federations. APB brings the sport of boxing into a new era.”
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook