- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
Ashley Theophane on the Battle of Britain; Ricky Burns v Kevin Mitchell
What a fabulous time I’ve had up in Glasgow sparring with two weight WBO world champion, Ricky Burns. He is one of Scotland’s finest fighters and I’ve had the honour and privilege of working with him.
Ken Buchanan and Jim Watt are seen as Scottish boxing greats and Ricky is set to join that special group of fighters.
I got my 32nd professional win in North Carolina on a ‘World of champions’ promotion on Friday 24th August, and by Monday 27th August, I was in Glasgow trading blows with Ricky Burns.
To say I am dedicated is an understatement.
Ricky has a reputation of going through sparring partners. Many only last a couple days. Obviously I’m made of sterner stuff, and have sparred some of the best fighters in the world on both sides of the Atlantic.
My quality services were needed over two weeks. Ricky and I had competitive sparring, and even though Ricky wants the fight to happen now. He will be ready when the bell sounds in just over a week.
I’ve beaten DeMarcus Corley, Delvin Rodriguez and Lenny Daws. WBC world champion Danny Garcia beat me by the slimmest of margins.
Kevin Mitchell has beaten Breidis Prescott and John Murray. Michael Katsidis made easy work of Kevin, whereas Ricky out boxed and out worked him for twelve rounds
Kevin’s record on the world scene doesn’t compare to Ricky Burns. Ricky wanted the best sparring possible and that is why I was hired.
I always thought that Ricky would win through a point’s decision, but I would not be shocked if he stopped Kevin.
In British dust ups, sometimes you have to throw out the form book, especially when it comes to a Scottish versus English battle. Absolutely anything can happen.
I would love to see Ricky Burns vs Adrian Broner. That would be a great fight. They are on a collision course.
I completed 48 intensive rounds, over 6 sessions with Ricky and I loved every minute of it.
I’m closing in on my 40th professional fight and I’ve run out of British fighters to face. In 38 fights I’ve only dropped a decision to one British fighter, and that was just about as dubious as it gets.
Amir Khan and Lenny Daws are the only attractive fights for me in the British 140lb division. Amir and I have a mutual opponent in Garcia. Lenny and I had a great battle in 2010 which saw me triumphant.
Lenny is due to fight for the European Union title, and if he were to win, which he should, I would be interested in giving him a rematch.
Amir and I seem destined to fight as we are the top two 140lb fighters in Britain.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook