- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Golovkin vs. Rubio, October 18 at StubHub Center
- Pacquiao & Algieri 27,000-Mile Media Tour Starts Monday!
- United States’ Boxers Undergo Final Preparations for Youth Olympic Games Competition in China
- GOLDEN BOY PROMOTIONS, FOX SPORTS 1 AND FOX DEPORTES CELEBRATE THE ONE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF THE GOLDEN BOY LIVE! SERIES
- WBO VISITS BOXING GYMS IN PUERTO RICO TO HAND OUT PREPAID CARDS TO STUDENT-BOXERS
- How World Champion Sindy Amador Developed her Love for the Sweet Science
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
Billy Joe Saunders vs. Jarrod Fletcher on September 14th at York Hall
Frank Warren’s 14th September event, originally due to take place at Wembley Arena, has switched venues and will now take place at York Hall following the withdrawal of George Groves.
Former Olympian Billy Joe Saunders will now top the bill with a mandatory defence of his Commonwealth Middleweight Championship against unbeaten Australian Jarrod Fletcher, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
Saunders won his title in stunning style back in April with a devastating early stoppage against Tony Hill, before registering an impressive points victory against former champion Bradley Pryce in his first defence in June. Saunders however, will have to put in a career best performance to overcome Australia’s mandatory challenger who also boasts an impressive amateur background that includes a win over Olympic Gold Medallist James DeGale.
The rest of the card for the 14th September remains unchanged. Chief support comes in the form of Penge Welterweight Bradley Skeete’s first pro title challenge, as he challenges Chas Symonds for his Southern Area Welterweight Championship. Whilst Enfield Super-Middleweight Frank Buglioni gets his sixth pro outing, as he looks to build on the impressive early form that has got many industry insiders earmarking him as one to watch.
Also in action are some of the London Area’s most exciting unbeaten prospects Mitchell Smith, Gary Corcoran, Billy Morgan and Ediz Hussain.
Tickets for the event will now be priced at £40 (unreserved) and £60 (reserved), and are available at the Frank Warren Promotions box office on 01992 505 550.
All tickets that have been already purchased for Wembley Arena can be exchanged by Frank Warren Promotions for the new venue.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook