- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
BJ Flores stops David Mcnemar
If BJ Flores wanted to make a statement tonight…. mission accomplished. Flores showed lightning speed and explosive power in an absolute annihilation of 13-1 David Mcnemar. Flores defended his NABO belt and added the NABA belt to his collection while he seemingly hurt Mcnemar every time he touched him. There were a total of three knockdowns in the fight.
In the first round both fighters came out with Flores being the aggressor. Flores used the jab to the head and the body to set up a couple of big right hands throughout the round that visibly shook Mcnemar. Flores hand speed was very impressive and the assortment of body head attack had Mcnemar on his heels.
In the 2nd round, Flores once again came out aggressive behind a solid defense and numbing jab that had Mcnemar looking for answers. About halfway though the round Flores landed a hard left uppercut to the body that dropped Mcnemar to a knee. Mcnemar got up at 7 but was than again hammered with a hard overhand right that put him down again. Mcnemare arose again and Flores went in for the kill digging hard body shots and landing one final right hand that put Mcnemar down for a third time and referee mike England was forced to stop the contest. Mcnemar arose on shaky legs and Flores was declared the winner by TKO at 2:14 seconds of the 2nd round.
If anything, Flores showed improved power and speed tonight. His jab was very sharp and his assortment of body/head attack was very intelligent and effective. The power in the right hand was obvious as Mcnemar fought a close 12 round decision with #5 world rated Ryan Coyne last year and Flores absolutely dominated him. Flores looks sharp and we will be looking to continue to move up the ratings and look towards a shot at a world title.
Flores says, ” I was excited to fight in front of my home town fans. I know I need to get better and keep improving if I want to fight against the best and tonight was just another small step in that direction. I feel fine and ready to move forward. I have to dominate guys like this if I am to challenge for a world title. I want to continue to prove myself to the public and to my fans. ”
Flores definitely showed frightful power tonight and very good hand-speed. Flores has obviously made some adjustments in his training and looked very good tonight.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction