- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
BJ Flores to face David McNemar next; Vazquez Jr. vs. Oquendo on Saturday
SPRINGFIELD, MO (October 3, 2012)—Once-beaten David McNemar has stepped in for the injured Ahmed Samir and will take on world rated BJ Flores in a ten round Cruiserweight bout that will be contested for the NABA and NABO titles at the Shrine Mosque.
McNemar of Parkersburg, West Virginia has a record of 13-1 with ten knockouts, is coming off his lone defeat which was a razor thin unanimous decision to undefeated and world ranked Ryan Coyne (16-0) on June 25, 2011.
The decision was close to the point that the verdict was booed in Coyne’s hometown of St. Louis.
This will be the fourth fight in fifteen months for Flores (27-1-1, 17 KO’s) as he has scored stoppages over Nick Iannuzzi (16-2) & in his last bout he stopped Hugo Pineda (39-5-1) on January 28th in Springfield.
“I am looking forward to fighting in front of my hometown fans again”, said Flores.
“After Samir pulled out, we offered the fight to five or six undefeated guys but McNemar was the one who stepped up to the plate and accepted. I know he is coming to win, so I expect a tough fight but at the end of the day I am ranked very high across the board and it’s very possible and even likely that I will fight for a title in my next fight , so I can’t look past McNemar
More than 2900 fans are expected at the Shrine Mosque and all the high end $120 tickets are gone. The fight will be televised by local CBS affiliate KOZL
The undercard will see Joell Godfrey (14-8-1, 6 KO’s) of East St. Louis battle Galen Brown (38-20-1, 23 KO’s) of St. Joseph, MO in eight round Heavyweight bout.
Will Grover (7-1, 7 KO’s) of Springfield will take on pro debuting Devian Golden in a four round Cruiserweight bout.
Kevin Bookout (4-1, 1 KO) of Springfield battles Frankie Paines (12-3, 10 KO’s) of Colombia in a six round Cruiserweight bout
Pro debuting Landon Dirks will take on Dakota Talbot (0-2) in a four round Heavyweight bout.
Dillon Cook (1-0) of Seneca, MO boxes Jimmy Hendrix (PD) in a four round Middleweight fight.
Rounding out the card will be Yankton Southern (2-5, 2 KO’s) of Springfield fighting Daniel Miranda in a Jr. Welterweight bout
Tickets cost$ 120 (SOLD OUT), $ 60, $30 & $ 20 and can be purchased at the Shrine Mosque or www.metrotix.com
WILFREDO VAZQUEZ JR. VS. JONATHAN OQUENDO AT “THE WAR”, THIS SATURDAY, OCTOBER 6
CAROLINA, PUERTO RICO- Former World Boxing Organization (WBO) super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. and 122lbs contender Jonathan “Polvo” Oquendo will collide in a “civil war” this Saturday, October 6, in the show “The War”, to be held at the Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico, in a PR Best Boxing Promotions (PRBBP) presentation, in association with All Star Boxing, Top Rank and Promociones Zanfer to be broadcast on “Pay Per View”.
The card will have the WBO minimum championship bout between the champion Moises Fuentes and the former titlist Ivan “Iron Boy” Calderon, and also for the WBO Latino lightweight title, undefeated Jose “Chelo” Gonzalez will defend his belt against Oscar Cuero.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes