- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
- Philippine Supreme Court issues temporary restraining order in Manny Pacquiao tax case
- Full Card Announced For Golden Boy Live! Card In Fairfield, Calif
- Rising Minnesota Prospects Look To Impress Friday Night At Grand Casino Hinckley
Bogere suffers injury, fight with Abril off; Thurman, Stiverne; Cruz
LOS ANGELES, November 12 – A partial tear of the left Achilles tendon has forced unbeaten lightweight contender Sharif “The Lion” Bogere out of his scheduled November 24 fight against Richard Abril for the vacant World Boxing Association (WBA) Lightweight World Title at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif.
Luckily, there was no evidence of a rupture in the 24-year-old Bogere’s tendon and he is expected to be cleared to resume training in approximately four to six weeks. Talks are ongoing with respect to a date on which to reschedule this championship bout.
The HBO World Championship Boxing event, which is headlined by Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero vs. Andre Berto for the WBC Interim Welterweight World Championship, will proceed as scheduled with the junior middleweight clash between Keith Thurman and Carlos Quintana as the co-featured bout.
# # #
Guerrero vs. Berto, a 12-round fight for Guerrero’s World Boxing Council (WBC) Interim Welterweight World Championship, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T. Also featured will be a ten-round junior middleweight fight between rising star Keith Thurman and former World Champion Carlos Quintana. The event will take place November 24 at Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, Calif. and will be televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
Tickets priced at $200, $100, $75, $50 and $25, plus applicable service charges and taxes, are available for purchase by calling Ticketmaster at (800) 736-1420 or AXS (888) 9AXS- TIX (888-929-7849), at the Citizens Business Bank Arena box office or online at www.ticketmaster.com, www.cbbankarena.com or www.axs.com.
Keith Thurman & Bermane Stiverne on LAST CALL 11/26
-Undefeated Welterweight boxer Keith Thurman (www.keiththurman.com) stops by to chat with Camille and the Swami as he prepares for his HBO Showdown on 11/24 against Carlos Quintana. The Clearwater native talks about his HBO debut and the excitement around it, the scoop on his opponent and what he brings to the table, his relationship with his manager Al Haymon, why he wants to fight Paulie Malignaggi, and what he feels he needs to do make a bigger splash.
World Boxing Council (WBC) #1 Heavyweight boxer Bermane “B-Ware” Stiverne (www.twitter.com/bstiverne) returns to the show to talk with Britney and the Swami as her prepares to take on Chris Arreola for a WBC title shot. Bermane gives insight into his opponent and what he brings to the table, his thoughts on the Ray Austin fight, the chance to fight one of the Klitschko’s, and fighting in Venezuela and if he caught any grief.
All of this plus much more only on LAST CALL on www.cyberstationusa.com. Friday, November 16th from 11 to 1 a.m. Eastern time/8 to 10 p.m. Pacific time
Tuto Zabala Jr inks Miguel Cruz
Kissimmee, FL: On the outskirts of Orlando, Florida there is a small town called Kissimmee, Florida where former and current world champions have made their bones through the Telemundo circuit. Last champion to have graduated from the so called Kissimmee University of boxing was Wilfredo Vazquez Jr, where he left a huge void in the hearts and mind of so many locals when he became world champion and was called up to the big leagues. Zabala Jr started his quest for his next pupil to fill in the void. After two years, the search has come to an end with the signing of Puerto Rican Welterweight Miguel Alejandro Cruz of Kissimmee, Florida.
“We are extremely pleased with the signing of Miguel; he is very well loved in Kissimmee, he is the kind of fighter we like to work with, humble and hungry for glory, that’s all we need” said Zabala Jr.
Cruz an outstanding amateur champion with an impressive amateur boxing résumé will make his professional debut on December 7th in Kissimmee, Fla on the Boxeo Telemundo Ford fight card hosted by All Star Boxing, Inc/ Tuto Zabala Jr.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Frampton will beat Kiko Martinez, says Santa Cruz
- Wladimir working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Santa Cruz feels pressure of fighting in co-feature on Mayweather-Maidana 2 card
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Brook pushing hard for Khan fight