- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
- MAYWEATHER PROMOTIONS’ FIGHTER MEDIA WORKOUT QUOTES FOR SATURDAY’S SPECIAL EDITION OF SHOBOX: THE NEW GENERATION
- GOLOVKIN VS. RUBIO, Ticket Details, October 18 StubHub Center
Brand Takes On Gare For WBF International Title In Columbia
The World Boxing Federation’s global expansion continues at a rapid rate, with the WBF International Super Middleweight title being contested in Cartagena, Columbia on 28 September. Local hero Alexander Brand (18-1, 15 KOs) faces his toughest opponent in his illustrious career when he meets former two times world champion William Gare of South Africa.
Gare, who was rated as high as 12 in the world on Boxrec two years ago, has a moderate but extremely deceiving record of 26-15. Many of Gare’s losses were on the road and controversial, and most occurred when he was struggling to make weight at junior middleweight.
Since moving to super middleweight, Gare won the South Africa title as well as the WBF world title, but relinquished the title when losing on points in yet another controversial result against the current # 5 in the world Tommy Oosthuizen. He was scheduled to clash with another former world champion, England’s Robin Reid, for the vacant WBF World title this month, but unfortunately that bout was cancelled.
So how good is Gare? In his last five fights he has beaten former WBA world champion Maselino Masoe, current world title contender Les Sherrington, former WBC world champion Rigoberto Alvarez, countryman Roland Francis, who will also be fighting on this Colombian bill and the disputed points loss against Oosthuizen.
Brand himself can also fight, and is considered almost a cult hero in Colombia and a potential future world champion, and the winner of this fight is penciled in to fight for the WBF World Super Middleweight title towards the end of the year.
WBF President Howard Goldberg, will be in attendance to supervise this fight and to meet with promoter Hamir Gonzales who has done an excellent job in putting this outstanding bill together.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say