- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year"
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat 'plastic' champion Huck
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Lopez, Ocampo & Mdluli Triumphant In WBF Title Fights
- Pac And Floyd Versus Love For The Sport (Part VI)
- Szili ready to capture UBF world title, Wants to face Golovkin, Cotto, Martinez, Quillin, and Felix Sturm
- Juan Pablo Lopez Vs. Fernando Torres, Jeffrey Fontanez Vs. Gilberto Gonzalez
- Dodgers Give Manny Pacquiao the Start For Labor Day Game
- Berto vs Upsher on Sept 6
News: Broner-DeMarco; Froch-Mack; Fight Breaks Out At ShoBox Weigh-In
CINCINNATI (Nov. 16, 2012) – This Saturday night marks another evening of the “Adrien Broner Show.” That’s what the world champion boxer called his 12-round fight against Antonio DeMarco at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, N.J., and televised live on HBO World Championship Boxing at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
The native Cincinnatian will be attempting to gain his second world title against DeMarco, this time the World Boxing Council (WBC) lightweight championship. It was nearly a year ago when Broner won the WBO super featherweight championship in his hometown. Since then Broner has continued to rise to stardom now becoming a fixture in the global boxing scene and fighting in front of HBO-televised audiences.
At the young age of 23, the future has a lot offer for Broner, and the next step is against the experienced Mexican, DeMarco. With a 28-2-1 (21 KOs) record, DeMarco is looking to finish off his best year in the sport. It started last October when he rallied for one of the most exciting knockout finishes of 2011 over Jorge Linares to win the world title. Since then, DeMarco has won twice more, the latest being a first round stoppage over a 24-1 John Molina in September.
Pre fight adrien alone
“DeMarco is definitely my best opponent so far on paper,” Broner said in a media conference call. “It is the biggest fight of my career thus far. I am not looking past anyone. I have to take it one fight at a time.
“I have been training very hard,” Broner continued. “I want to thank DeMarco and his team for taking the fight and coming to the U.S. to fight me. I know he is a great champion. He is ready and I am ready. It is going to be an electrifying fight and I am ready to go.”
Though the southpaw DeMarco is going to present a new challenge, Broner still believes that he will be able to show his opponent why he’s called “The Problem.”
“You are going to see a totally different Adrien Broner on Saturday night,” Broner said. I am going to be able to show more of my skills on Saturday night because DeMarco has such talent. They say if one good talent goes up against another good talent, it brings out something in the elite.
“DeMarco has fought good guys, but he hasn’t fought me.”
Follow Adrien Broner on Facebook and Twitter:
Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
CARL FROCH-YUSAF MACK & ADRIEN BRONER-ANTONIO DeMARCO BOXING CHANNEL FIGHT COVERAGE ON TWO SIDES OF THE ATLANTIC
The Boxing Channel will provide on the scene post fight coverage of November 17 matches in both the Unites States and Great Britain. Coverage of the Carl Froch-Yusaf Mack title bout in Nottingham, England and the Antonio DeMarco-Adrien Broner match in Altantic City, New Jersey can be seen on www.boxingchannel.tv.
The Froch-Mack coverage will be hosted by talented British presenter Zora Suleman, and hosting the Broner-DeMarco coverage is award winning U.S. commentator Dave Bontempo. Froch is defending his IBF 168 pound title and DeMarco is defending his WBC lightweight title against Broner, a former featherweight champion. Previews of these fights, with Al Bernstein’s keys to victory can currently be seen on The Boxing Channel.
In Other news:
*A new feature called “Center Stage” debuts on The Boxing Channel Friday, November 16. The first of these intimate and informational features gives Light Heavyweight Champ Chad Dawson his spot on Center Stage.
Fight Breaks Out At ShoBox Weigh-In
The fighters who’ll compete in the co-feature tomorrow/Nov. 16, on ShoBox: The New Generation live on SHOWTIME® (11 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast) from Gulfstream Park in Hallandale Beach, Fla., had to be separated by their camps after a mini-melee broke out Thursday during the weigh-in.
The fracas between super welterweights Joey “Twinkle Fingers” Hernandez (22-1-1, 13 KOs), of Miami (pictured at the left), and James “Shotgun” Winchester (15-5, 5 KOs), of Greensboro, N.C., came after Hernandez shoved Winchester before they were to pose for cameras after they both weighed in.
Their 10-round clash, which will open the telecast, was just added to the televised portion of the event late Wednesday.
No one enjoyed the commotion more than Hall of Fame promoter, Don King.
Both fighters made weight; Hernandez tipped the scale at 156 pounds, Winchester 155¾.
Undefeated lightweights Angelo “La Cobra” Santana (13-0, 10 KOs), of Miami, Fla., and Johnny Garcia (13-0, 8 KOs), of Holland, Mich., collide in the ShoBox main event.
Garcia made the contracted weight (135 pounds) easily, coming in at 133¾ pounds. Santana came in 1¾ pounds overweight, however, and had two hours to shed the excess poundage.
Tickets priced at $25, $50, $100 and $200 are on sale and can be purchased online at www.gulfstreampark.com or by calling the Gulfstream Park box office at (954) 457-6201.
Sunshine State Showdown is promoted by Don King Productions. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. ET. Six bouts are planned, beginning at 8 p.m
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Huck decisions Larghetti; Boytsov defeats Musafarov
- All Access Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 premieres TONIGHT at 9:30p ET/PT on SHO
- Pacquiao vs. Algieri: SF Scoop
- Marco Huck vs. Mirko Larghetti tonight in Germany
- Matt Korobov signs for Quillin fight
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Mayweather Promotions Final Weights, Quotes For Saturday’s Shobox: The New Generation Tripleheader