- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- FIGHT FANS READY FOR AUGUST 22 ESPN FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHTS FROM PECHANGA RESORT & CASINO
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
Broner wants fight against Pacquiao, sees himself beating him
By Rob Smith: If former WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao is able to get through his next fight against whoever his promoter Bob Arum picks out for him for November 10th, Pacquiao might want to consider facing 23-year-old unbeaten lightweight Adrien Broner (24-0, 20 KO’s) because he’s definitely interested in taking on Pacquiao.
Broner told Fighthype.com “I ain’t got nothing against Pacquiao. He just can’t beat my big brother [Floyd Mayweather Jr.]. If he [Pacquiao] signs that dotted line, I’ll f*** him up too…He used to not getting his hands raised. How many losses he got?”
That would be a real interesting fight if Arum would allow Pacquiao make it. I don’t foresee that happening ever, at least while Arum is around, because Broner fights for Golden Boy Promotions and the chances of Broner being allowed a fight against the Top Rank promoted Pacquiao are probably about zero. It would be a great fight for both Top Rank and Golden Boy because of the money it would generate.
Broner has a fighting style that is like a copy of Floyd Mayweather Jr. He does everything that Mayweather does in the ring with more power. Having Pacquiao fight Broner would be a good warm-up for a Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight. However, I’m not even sure at this point if Pacquiao could even beat Broner. Pacquiao looked poor in his last fight against Tim Bradley and he looked equally bad in his fight before that against Juan Manuel Marquez. I rate Broner as a big puncher and better skilled fighter than Bradley. If Bradley was able to out-box Pacquiao then you got to figure that Broner can do it as well.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent