- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
Bukom Banku headlines ‘Ghana for Peace’ bill in Accra Dec 1
By Prince Dornu-Leiku- Ghana’s enigmatic boxer, Braimah Kamoko is set to use boxing to spread the message of peace to Ghanaians as the West African nation goes into general elections on December 7 when he headlines the ‘Ghana for Peace’ boxing promotion on 1st December in Accra.
Unbeaten Kamoko, 23-0, 17 KOs, puts his WBO Africa Light Heavyweight title up against Tanzanian Pascal Ndomba at the Accra Sports Stadium barely six days before Ghana’s 2012 Election Day. It will be a first return to the ring for the man famously nicknamed Bukom Banku since he successfully defended the same belt against Uganda’s Hamza Wandera back on February 25.
The ‘Ghana for Peace’ bill features a total of seven bouts to excite fight fans in Accra and is promoted by Golden Concepts and Golden Mike Promotions under the auspices of the Ghana Boxing Authority headed by Samir Captan.
Hot prospect Frederick Lawson AKA Okunka faces a test of his world title credentials when he faces Miguel Barrionuevo of Argentina for both the vacant WBO Youth Welterweight and WBO International Welterweight belts.
In other fights, Ghanaian Samuel Amoako AKA Bruno fights David Kiilu of Kenya over 12 rounds for the WBO Africa Lightweight championship, International Light Middleweight contest over ten rounds featuring Ghana’s Joshua Okine AKA Bukom Tsatsu against Nigerian Dodo Akem and a national featherweight championship between Ishmael Aryeetey and Razak Nettey.
Concluding the fight line-up on the night dedicated to Ghana’s peace, is the return of Ayitey Powers in a Super Middleweight contest against Bastie Samir and another Super Middleweight contest featuring Ahmed Saraku of Ghana versus Sulley Olagbade of Nigeria.
Ringside tickets sell for GH¢30 with the popular stand going for a moderate GH¢10.
For ticket reservations, kindly call +233-24-410-2481
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Video: Scott Quigg v Tsuifiwa Munyai Weigh-In
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall