- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- Aug. 30 Mayweather Promotions ShoBox: The New Generation
- Devine ready for Connor in grudge match
- DIBELLA ENTERTAINMENT & NEW LEGEND BOXING ANNOUNCE OFFICIAL SIGNING OF UNDEFEATED PROSPECT ALANTEZ FOX TO EXCLUSIVE CO-PROMOTIONAL CONTRACT
- Shakur Stevenson, Jajaira Gonzalez and Darmani Rock to Kick Off 2014 Youth Olympic Games Competition for Team USA
- 2nd Installment of Tuesday Night Fights to take place on September 16 at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
Bundrage-Berto & Abril-Bogere on November 24th
By Rob Smith: A fight between former IBF/WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto (28-1, 22 KO’s) and IBF junior middleweight champion Cornelius Bundrage (32-4, 19 KO’s) is reportedly almost complete for November 24th and will be televised by HBO, according to RingTV. On the undercard will be a fight between lightweight contenders Richard Abril (17-3-1, 8 KO’s) going up against unbeaten contender Sharif Bogere (23-0, 15 KO’s) in a fight for the vacant WBA lightweight title. The Bogere-Abril fight is supposed to already be taking place on November 3rd, but it looks like Golden Boy Promotions will be pushing it back to November 24th.
Berto hasn’t fought since stopping IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck in the 5th round last year in September. Berto was supposed to have fought Victor Ortiz in a rematch but Berto suffering a ruptured left biceps injury first, and then later tested positive for a banned substance. The positive test waste attributed to Berto ingesting contaminated dietary supplements and he’s now ready to fight.
Bundrage, 39, stopped Cory Spinks in the 7th round last June in their rematch. That was Bundrage’s second title defense of his International Boxing Federation 154 pound title. Bundrage has been hoping that some of the other big named fighters like WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez, former WBO junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto, Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr. would take him out, but it looks like he’ll have to settle for facing Berto instead.
Berto, 5’8 1/2″, isn’t exactly the typical size for a junior middleweight, but then again neither is the 5’6″ Bundrage. Berto has the speed to win this fight but you have to question whether he has the frame to beat a big puncher like Bundrage. Although Berto will have the speed advantage in this fight, Bundrage has the bigger frame and bigger power. If he’s able to land his big power shots all night long, Berto will have problems.
Abril lost a controversial 12 round split decision to former WBA lightweight champion Brandon Rios last April, but came out of that fight smelling like a rose due to the collective boxing public saw Abril as the winner of that fight, not Rios. Bogere, 23, has been dominating everybody, knocking out most of his recent opponents early. This guy has a lot of speed and power
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- “Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2″ Showtime PPV undercard conference call transcript
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada