- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Canelo Alvarez now interested in Austin Trout for May 4th, if Mayweather bout can’t be made
By Rob Smith: WBC junior middleweight champion Saul “Canelo” Alvarez is now reportedly interested in facing WBA junior middleweight champion Austin Trout on May 4th, if a bout against Floyd Mayweather Jr. can’t get made. The Mayweather fight is the one that Canelo really wants most of all, and he said to the record.com.mx that his promoters at Golden Boy Promotions are attempting to put the Mayweather fight together for him. But if all else fails, Canelo said he’d be looking towards a fight with Trout.
Canelo said to the record.com.mx “Trout is a great fighter, and unbeaten and he beat Cotto, he’s left handed and very strong. He’s a complicated fighter and he would be fine for next May.”
Trout has been taking heavy criticism from boxing fans because his promoter Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy said that Alvarez could still end fighting Miguel Cotto next in May despite the fact that Cotto was beaten soundly last Saturday night by Trout.
Schaefer said that the Coto victory wasn’t enough for Trout to get the Alvarez bout. Schaefer said he wanted Trout to fight several fights and then slowly prove himself to get the fight against the 22-year-old Alvarez. The odd thing is Trout is 27 and has faced pretty much the same level of opposition as Alvarez has during his career, so it’s hard to understand why Trout has to prove himself like Schaefer wants him to before he can fight Alvarez.
The chances of Alvarez getting the Mayweather fight are probably slim and none. Schaefer already said recently that he’s working on a fight between WBC interim welterweight champion Robert Guerrero and Mayweather, so you’ve got to figure that’s the fight that Mayweather will take. To be sure, tt’s the far safer bout for Mayweather because Guerrero is nowhere near the same threat as Canelo Alvarez.
It’s easy money for Mayweather, and it might not do all that bad on pay per view. Guerrero may not be from Mexico, but he could still bring in a huge amount of Mexican fans in PPV if HBO puts together a Mayweather-Guerrero 24/7 four part series. One episode probably wont be enough to bring in huge amounts of fans but a four part one would do the job.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity