Carl Frampton Odds-On Favorite Ahead Of Molitor Fight
CARL FRAMPTON’S unbeaten run looks set to continue with a win over Steve Molitor in Belfast on Saturday night, according to the betting on Betfair. The popular Northern Irishman is the big odds-on favourite at 2-7 to successfully defend his super-bantamweight titles.
Frampton’s opponent Steve Molitor has been talking up his chances of victory ahead of their 122lb showdown in the Odyssey Arena. However odds of 3-1 suggest that the Canadian’s bid for glory will come up short on the night.
Betfair’s Alex Bake said: “This fight represents a real step up in class for Frampton, and, although arguably in the twilight of his career, Molitor remains a dangerous opponent. But with a home crowd cheering him on the punters are backing The Jackal to come out on top this weekend.”
Carl Frampton v Steve Molitor – Betfair bet: 2-7 Carl Frampton, 3-1 Steve Molitor, 19-1 the draw
Click the link below to see Carl Frampton in action ahead of Betfair’s Judgement Day
video URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd-EN9buuAc
Carl Frampton likes his chances against Steve Molitor on Saturday
CARL FRAMPTON is confident he has what it takes to beat Steve Molitor when the pair go head-to-head in Belfast on Saturday. The undefeated super-bantamweight is defending his Commonwealth and International Boxing Federation (IBF) Inter-Continental titles in the headline bout of Betfair’s Judgement Day.
A fired up Frampton, who is trained by boxing legend Barry McGuigan, told Betfair that there would only be one outcome on the night. He said:
“I’m sparring the absolute best that I ever have. I can only see one thing happening and that’s me knocking him out.
“Having Barry as a manager is really great, and he’s really looking after me. I’ve been fast tracked but that’s what I wanted, I don’t want to be fighting guys I’m just expected to beat all the time. I want to be tested.”
For his final word, Frampton also revealed an additional motivation to bring into the ring on Saturday.
“I’ve been locked away from my fiancée back home, and my daughter Carla. This guy’s got me angry and I’m going to knock him out.”
Carl Frampton will be fighting Steve Molitor at Betfair Judgement Day this Saturday 22 September at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast. For the latest odds, visit http://sports.betfair.com/boxing/event?id=26889012
- Weights: Rigondeaux 121, Agbeko 121.6
- Malinga Looks To Mandela For Inspiration Against Hall
- Kazakhstan 4-1 Mexico: The Wolves tear up the Guerreros
- I CAN’T BEHEAD MALIGNAGGI BUT I CAN KNOCK HIM OUT’ ROARS ‘GLADIATOR’ JUDAH AS HE WEIGHS IN ON EVE OF BROOKLYN BATTLE LIVE ON BOXNATION
- “USS” CUNNINGHAM PAUSES TO REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR DAY
- Livestream: Judah vs Malignaggi Weigh-In -3:00 p.m. ET
- Sturm vs. Barker: Weigh-In Results
- Antoine Douglas, Jerry Odom Score KOs on Broadway Boxing
- Ivan Pereyra Wins WBF Intercontinental Title In Mexico
- Boyd Melson dominates King in Gotham City!
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round