- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Chagaev-Perez, Moreno-Kentikian Quotes
Going for Gold: Susi “The Killer Queen” Kentikian (25) is aiming to become World Champion again in a bout for the vacant WBA Flyweight Title against Carina Moreno (32). Former World Heavyweight Champion
Ruslan Chagaev (34) will be in for a tough challenge in his way back to the top. He will face unbeaten Cuban hopeful Mike Perez (27) in a Heavyweight Special Attraction.
“Die Super Fight Night” on December 1st 2012 from the CASTELLO in Dusseldorf, live on SAT.1
Cologne, November 7th 2012. Three-Time Middleweight World Champion Felix Sturm presents the “ran Boxen: Die Super Fight Night” boxing event on December 1st 2012 at the CASTELLO in Dusseldorf, Germany. Featuring the card will be former World Champion Susi Kentikian in a bid for another World Title as she faces the experienced American Carina Moreno for the vacant WBA Flyweight Championship.
The co-feature will pitch former Heavyweight Champion Ruslan Chagaev in a grudge match on his way back to the top against Cuban prospect Mike Perez, unbeaten in 18 professional fights. The fight will be seen on SAT.1 after the Kentikian-Moreno bout. Chagaev-Perez is regarded by many as “too close to call”, with some experts even favoring Perez.
Two more attractive bouts will be seen on the undercard: German Light Middleweight Champion Maurice Weber (31) will defend his title against the tough and durable Andreas Reimer (32) in a ten-round bout. Weber is regarded as the better pure boxer, while Reimer is known for firing out of all cannon’s.
The card will also feature a K1 highlight between Jonny Keta (36) and Remo Arns (42). The pair faced off earlier this year with Arns scoring an upset second round knockout over Keta to capture the World Championship. Keta is now aiming for revenge.
“ran Boxen” will broadcast the Championship Bout between Susi Kentikian and Carina Moreno live on December 1st, 2012. The broadcast will begin at 11 PM/local time. There will also be a live stream online at www.ran.de. Tickets for the event are available online at www.eventim.de or via phone at +49-1805-570070. Prices begin at 23,00 Euro.
Susi Kentikian, Former World Flyweight Champion: “I’m very excited to be back in the
ring after a seven month layoff. Carina Moreno is a huge challenge but I’m highly motivated
and fortunate to work with an amazing team that has my back. I can’t wait for the fight. I will
be ready to go on December 1st.”
Maurice Weber, German Light Middleweight Champion: “I’m very happy to be part of
this great event of December 1st
I have to thank Sturm Box-Promotion for that. In training,
all is going well. I’m currently in sparring. I’m really focused and motivated and trust me, I
have to be. Andreas Reimer is very unorthodox and dangerous. And to me, it’s not only
important to win, but to look good doing so. I want to get my name out for bigger,
Magomed Schaburow, Trainer Sturm Box-Promotion: “We are now in the most
important phase of the preparation: sparring. Susi is in good shape, highly motivated and
eager to become champion again. We have to thank SAT.1 and Felix for this shot. We will
be ready come December 1st
Felix Sturm, Promoter Sturm Box-Promotion: “It’s amazing that we are able to pull of
such an event with such a small stable and I’m very grateful for the opportunity to showcase
those fighter’s live on SAT.1. Susi will be great in the main event. Her last loss was
controversial, I and many other experts had her ahead. But in a way, that shows that the
local fighter does not always get the nod in Germany. Back then, Susi could have kept her
WBA belt by the way. But she did not want to stay champion after a defeat. But McMorrow
did not want the belt either and now we are happy to have Susi fight for the vacant WBA
flyweight belt. I observe Susi in training every day and she is in great shape and extremely
motivated. Her opponent is really strong but I believe that Susi needs such a challenge to
perform her best.
And than there is former heavyweight champ Ruslan Chagaev, whom many fans remember
for his great win over Nikolai Valuev a few years back. Things did not always go as planned
for him since then but he is eager to return to the top. He is currently training in Detroit with
a coach of the famous Kronk Gym and a conditioning coach. That is why he can’t be here
today. Mike Perez is unbeaten and insiders tap him as the next big thing. Some even
compare him to Mike Tyson. This heavyweight feature is too close to call.
My best friend, Maurice Weber, will also be on the card. He is incredibly strong willed and
trains like a mad men – I believe, he works even more then I do, and I’m quite the maniac
about my training. He really wants to get to the top and we will do everything to get him there. If he keeps winning and stays healthy, I want him to be in a world title bout in the next
twelve to 18 months.”
Sven Froberg, Head oft he Sports Department SAT.1: “We want to bring the fans the
future of boxing in cooperation with Sturm Box-Promotion. We talked to many fighters, but
the one’s that will fight on December 1st have our complete trust. Naturally, there is a lot of
pressure for this card to perform well but we expect a quality evening of boxing and believe
in the concept of Sturm Box-Promotion. We are excited about this first event and believe in
the success of boxing on SAT.1”
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity