- Harley Davidson San Diego to hold Thompson Boxing Promotions “Path to Glory SD Style” Aug. 16
- Sergio “Yeyo” Thompson has the opportunity to put himself back in line for a world title shot on Saturday
- Willie Nelson headlines ESPN FNF next Friday
- Brooklyn Brawl returns on Thursday, September 18 to the Millennium Theater
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
Chavez Jr/Martinez 24/7 on HBO on September 1st
NEW YORK, Aug. 7, 2012 – HBO Sports’ groundbreaking “24/7” reality franchise, which has captured 16 Sports Emmy® Awards, returns this September for its 15th boxing installment with 24/7 CHAVEZ JR./MARTINEZ, an all-new, all-access series, it was announced today by Rick Bernstein, executive producer, HBO Sports. Debuting SATURDAY, SEPT. 1 (11:45 p.m.-12:15 a.m. ET/PT), the two-part series follows the participants in one of boxing’s most heated rivalries as they prepare for their long-awaited meeting to determine middleweight supremacy in an intriguing pay-per-view showdown on Sept. 15.
“We look forward to chronicling the careers and back stories of these two prolific and engaging fighters,” noted Bernstein. “Their personal stories are a compelling backdrop for this new edition of ‘24/7.’ ”
Episode two of 24/7 CHAVEZ JR./MARTINEZ debuts SATURDAY, SEPT. 8 (12:30-1:00 a.m.), one week before the high-stakes, 160-pound title bout. Both episodes will have multiple replay dates on HBO, including a back-to-back presentation Friday, Sept. 14 (6:30-7:30 p.m.). The series will also be available on HBO On Demand® and HBO GO®.
The son of a Mexican boxing legend, 26-year-old Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-0, 32 KOs) is himself enormously popular and on the fast track to fashioning his own legacy. The Culiacan, Mexico native will be defending his middleweight title belt against his most formidable challenger to date. The pride of Argentina, 37-year-old Sergio Martinez (49-2-2, 28 KOs) is considered one of boxing’s best pound-for-pound performers. The popular, handsome and dynamic Oxnard, Cal. resident has flourished against elite competition, seemingly turning back time.
“Chavez Jr. vs. Martinez” takes place amid the celebration of Mexican Independence Day Weekend at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas on Saturday, Sept. 15 at 9:00 p.m. (ET)/6:00 p.m. (PT), and will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View®.
The executive producer of 24/7 CHAVEZ JR./MARTINEZ is Rick Bernstein; senior producer, Dave Harmon; coordinating producer, Bentley Weiner; producers, Harley Glantz and Joe Gonzalez. Liev Schreiber narrates.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes