- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Tyler Asselstine Back In Action
- Ivan Redkach Headlines Stacked Shobox Quadrupleheader On January 17 Against Tony Luis
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
Cleverly has to settle for Uzelkov after Froch, Bellew, Shumenov and Hopkins fights failed to materialize
By Marcus Richardson: WBO light heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly (24-0, 11 KO’s) is having to settle for a fight against #9 WBO Vyacheslav Uzelkov (27-2, 16 KO’s) on October 27th instead of much bigger fights against Carl Froch, Bernard Hopkins, Tony Bellew and Beibut Shumenov. Cleverly’s promoter Frank Warren attempted to line up a fight between Cleverly and each of those fighters but they either showed no interest in facing him or they backed out.
Warren said to thesun.co.uk “A huge purse was put to Froch to move up a weight division — which he turned down — and Bellew rejected the offer of a rematch. It’s proved frustrating. We had Hopkins lined up and then he pulled out, while Shumenov didn’t want to come over.”
Cleverly and the 33-year-old Uzelkov will be meeting up at the Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom. It’ll be a home fight more or less for the 25-year-old Cleverly, although he probably won’t need the cheering from his fans in order to get past Uzelkov. All it’ll take is a good chin to hold up under Uzelkov’s occasional big right hand shots and a steady workrate to beat him down.
Cleverly is interested in a unification bout against WBA light heavyweight champion Beibut Shumenov. Cleverly hasn’t shown a lot of interest in facing WBC light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson, however. Cleverly wants a fight against former WBC light heavyweight champion Bernard Hopkins. It’s a big named fighter that Cleverly could possibly pick up a scalp against, but it doesn’t look like Hopkins is too interested in facing Cleverly either.
For Cleverly to get to the point where he’s popular enough to get the bigger named opponents to fight him he’s going to have to stop fighting guys like Tommy Karpency and Uzelkov, and instead focus on getting the quality opponents, even if it means that he has to pay them more to get them inside the ring. Cleverly could really help himself if he were willing to travel to the United States to fight a lot of these guys. The fights would be a lot easier to put together if he were willing to travel outside of the UK to make important fights happen.
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Left-Hook Lounge Radio Goes Live at 9ET/6PT
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine