- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Complete ShoBox Undercard Announced
This Friday, October 12, in the main event on ShoBox: The New Generation, blue-chip prospect Jose “Sniper” Pedraza (10-0, 6KO’s) looks to keep his unblemished record intact when he takes on Philadelphia’s Tevin Farmer (7-3-1, 1KO) in an eight-round lightweight matchup.
In the televised co-feature, undefeated up-and-coming prospects Jonathan Cepeda (12-0, 11KO’s) and Lamar Russ (10-0, 6KO’s) will square off in an eight-round middleweight bout. SHOWTIME® will begin live coverage at 10 p.m. ET/PT (delayed on the West Coast).
Also featured on the ShoBox telecast will be highlights of former undisputed middleweight champion Jermain “Bad Intentions” Taylor (30-4-1, 18KO’s) in his bout versus Raul Munoz (21-15-1, 16KO’s), a 10-round middleweight matchup taking place earlier in the evening.
In his first ring appearance since winning the Prizefighter Tournament in the U.K. this past June, Tor Hamer (18-1, 11KO’s) faces Dominque Alexander (23-14-1, 11KO’s) in an eight-round heavyweight matchup. Hamer decisioned Marcelo Luiz Nascimento (16-3) in the first round of the tournament, before annihilating Tom Dallas (15-2), stopping him at just 29 seconds into very first round in the semi-final bout of the tournament. In his final matchup, Hamer decisioned tournament favorite and former world title challenger Kevin Johnson to win the trophy. Hamer is looking to cement himself as the elite American heavyweight in 2013, but first he must get by Alexander.
Hometown favorite Dannie Williams (21-2, 17KO’s) will be looking to get back into the win column as he takes on Rynell Griffin (6-10-2, 2KO’s). The bout is scheduled for eight rounds in the lightweight division. Williams is coming off a hard-fought decision loss to former NABF champion Hank Lundy on ESPN’s “Friday Night Fights” back in March of this year. Williams started off well against Lundy, dropping him in the first frame, but eventually went on to lose a 10-round decision. Lundy is looking to get himself back under the bright lights of SHOWTIME® and would love a shot at “Sugar” Raymundo Beltran, who decisioned the aforementioned Lundy in his last bout.
Fellow hometown fighters Kevin Engel (19-6, 16KO’s), Chris Rapa (6-0, 4KO’s) Nick Reeder (3-0, 2KO’s) and Jose Ponce (3-0, 3KO’s) and will all see action on the undercard in separate bouts. Engel is scheduled to take on Shannon Miller (25-48-8, 18KO’s) in a six-round light heavyweight matchup. Rapa, Reeder and Ponce are all scheduled to appear in four-round bouts. The heavy-handed Rapa, who has stopped all four of his knockout victims in the very first round, is scheduled to take on Zachariah Kelley (pro-debut) in a middleweight matchup. Heavyweight Reeder squares off against Keith Jackson (1-0-1, 1KO) and Ponce will face pro-debuting Quintell Thompson.
The event is promoted by DiBella Entertainment and Rumble Time Promotions in association with Gary Shaw Productions and Universal Promotions. Tickets are priced at $100, $75 and $40, and can be purchased through the Ameristar Casino or by calling (314) 267-2204. Doors open at 5:30PM with the first bout scheduled for 6:00PM.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity