- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Maidana throwing 100 punches per round in training for Mayweather
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Golovkin with chance to become Cotto’s WBC mandatory if he beats Rubio
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Abraham-Smith: kick-off press conference – quotes
- Kiwitt Back On Home Soil
- Frankie De Alba Headlines on Saturday, October 4 at Valley Forge Casino & Resort
- Undefeated Mexican Future Stars In WBF Title Fights
- STALKER TO FACE JENKINS IN BRITISH TITLE ELIMINATOR ON MAGNIFICENT SEVEN CARD
- Heavyweight hopeful Otto Wallin returns on August 30
Daniel Geale Gets Key To The City
NOVEMBER 16, 2012 – World champion boxer Daniel Geale (28-1, 15 KOs) will be presented with the Key to the City of Launceston at a public ceremony at the Town Hall tomorrow, November 17.
Launceston Mayor Albert van Zetten has extended an invitation to all Northern Tasmanians to attend the ceremony. The presentation will begin at 12.00 noon in the Brisbane Street Mall with a parade led by The City of Launceston RSL Band.
The parade will leave the Brisbane Street Mall and proceed north along St John Street to Civic Square, where the Key to the City will be presented on the Town Hall steps. Geale will follow the parade in a vehicle provided by the Jackson Motor Company.
“The Key to the City is an honor which recognizes the contribution of individuals, groups or organisations, or outstanding achievements in sport, entertainment, and humanitarian work at a national or international level,” Mayor van Zetten said.
“Its a great honor to be receiving such a prestigious award,” said Daniel Geale. “I’m humbled by the situation and I want to thank the people of Launceston and Mayor Albert van Zetten for all their support. Come January 30th, when I step in the ring with Anthony Mundine, I’ll be fighting for the people of Launceston and all my fans around the world.”
“Daniel is a very special person inside and outside of the ring,” Promoter Gary Shaw stated. “He’s well deserving of this presentation and the residents of Launceston have a great champion to look up to. Geale is the perfect role model for the sport of boxing and he should be recognized as such. I’m happy for him and his family.”
Following the presentation Daniel will be in Civic Square ready to sign autographs and meet fans.
# # #
The Sydney Entertainment Centre has capacity of 11,500 guests and is located 35 Harbour Street, Darling Harbour NSW 2000, Australia. Tickets priced Cat 1-$1000, Cat 2-$500, Cat 3-$300, Cat 4-$200, Cat 5-$100 and Cat 6-$75 can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com from 9am AEDT Friday, November 16.
For more information on this terrific showdown and to interact with their chosen fighter, simply log onto www.mundinevgeale.com and show your support for Dan or The Man!
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Ricky Burns looking for 3rd division world title at 140 in 2015
- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri’s talent level
- Brandon Rios vs. Ruslan Provodnikov in the works for November
- Alfredo Angulo not worried about September 13th fight against De La Rosa
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent