- Tony Weeks Was Story - Angulo Should Be
- Erislandy The American Dream Lara elevated to WBA World Champion
- Garcia out to keep winning streak as Herrera declares ‘he’s fought better guys for peanuts’ ahead of weekend clash live on Boxnation
- Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne II to be televised by ESPN on May 10th
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Garcia, Herrera, Deontay Wilder and Scott quotes
- 2014 CHICAGO GOLDEN GLOVES, QUARTERFINAL RESULTS
- LiveStream: Garcia vs. Herrera Weigh-In LIVE on Friday
- Record Breaking Participation in Upcoming AIBA Youth World Championships Sofia 2014
- IBF Light Heavyweight Eliminator Moved to June 21st
- WSB: Worlds Collide in the WSB quarter-finals
- Complete Show Boxeo TELEMUNDO March 14, 2014 at Kissimmee Civic Center Kissimmee, Florida
DeGale struggles to beat Mohoumadi in a war
By Michael Collins: In another poor performance from EBU super middleweight champion James DeGale (13-1, 9 KO’s), he went life and death tonight in defeating little known Frenchman Hadillah Mohoumadi (13-3-1, 9 kO’s) by 12 round unanimous decision at the Glow, Bluewater, Greenhithe, Kent, United Kingdom. DeGale took an awful lot of punishment in this fight and spent most of the fight against the ropes soaking up punishment.
The final judges’ scores were 119-109, 117-111 and 116-112. The scores were something of a joke because the fight was a lot closer than the scores would have you believe. 116-112 is a lot closer to reality, but even that was far off the mark. The judge that scored it 119-109 for DeGale appeared to be watching a different fight altogether because DeGale took a real beating in this fight and no way did he deserve to win the fight by that kind of score.
DeGale’s face was badly swollen on the left side of around his eyes from Mohoumadi’s hard right hands.
DeGale fought like an old man for most of the fight unable to get off the ropes and just trying to land pot shots and clowning while missing badly. DeGale did come on a little starting in the 10th and fought reasonably well in the 11th, but he continued to fight in spurts and take a ton of punishment whenever he would stop punching.
There’s not much you can say about DeGale from this kind of performance. DeGale thinks he can be a world champion by this time next year, but this fight shows that DeGale isn’t going to be any kind of champion. If he can’t even beat a guy like Mohoumadi or Piotr Wilczewski without going life and death what’s going to happen when DeGale faces Andre Ward, Carl Froch or Arthur Abraham?
DeGale hopes to be back in the ring by December but I’m no so sure because he got really beaten up tonight and he needs to heal up. I see DeGale as more of a bottom feeder at the world level. He’d take a beating if he fought a good super middleweight like Sakio Bika or Thomas Oosthuizen.
These guys are clearly a cut above DeGale. However, if we have scoring like we had tonight then know who knows? DeGale needs to stay in the UK because he doesn’t appear to have the talent to fight the best guys at super middleweight. I see Mohoumadi as the level where DeGale is at right now. He’s about as good as him and he shouldn’t try and better guys because he’ll lose badly.
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- Garcia 139.75, Herrera 139.25: Weights
- “TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO” A Knockout Success With Well Over 350,000 PPV Buys
- Deontay Wilder Out To Prove He Is The Real Deal
- Strength & Conditioning Changes In Pacquiao Camp
- Weights: Brook-Robles, Bellew-Brudov, & Mitchell-Avakyan
- Price-Pala rescheduled for April 12th in Denmark, Lee also in action
- Juan Manuel Marquez faces Mike Alvarado on May 17th at Inglewood forum