- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Floyd Mayweather, Marcos Maidana, Timothy Bradley, and more!
- The Current 20 Most Exciting Boxers – A Statistical Analysis
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Atlas: Mayweather did just enough to win
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
- Lange-Jeter 2 The Rematch set for Nov. 15 at Patriot Center
- POPULAR TWO-TIME NEW YORK GOLDEN GLOVES CHAMPION EARL NEWMAN TO MAKE PRO DEBUT ON OCTOBER 4TH AT FOXWOODS RESORT CASINO, IN MASHANTUCKET, CONN.
- Special Afternoon Edition of Fight Night on Broadcast NBC
- TICKET ALERT!! IMP Presents The Pride of Pittsburgh II, Friday November 14th
- TRAVIS SCOTT HEADLINES WFC 30, PROFESSIONAL BOXING IN BATON ROUGE
Delvin Rodriguez vs. George Tahdooahnippah on Friday, February 15th; Guerrero
BRONX, NY (December 21, 2012) Tickets will go on sale this Saturday, DECEMBER 22 at 10am, as popular, world ranked junior middleweight contender Delvin “EL Peligro” Rodriguez battles George “Comanche Boy” Tahdooahnippah on Friday, FEBRUARY 15 in the ten round main event of ESPN Friday Night Fights at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, CT, it was announced today by Joe DeGuardia, President of Star Boxing.
Priced at $75, $45 and $30 (with a $5 facility fee, and limited 1st row VIP seats at $150), tickets will be available through Ticketmaster, www.Ticketmaster.com – phone (800) 745-3000, the Mohegan Sun Box Office, the Star Boxing website, www.StarBoxing.com or by calling the Star Boxing Office at (718) 823-2000. Doors will open on the night of the event at 6:30pm with the first bell at 7:30pm.
“We’re absolutely thrilled to bring Delvin back to the Mohegan Sun for the first time in three years. The fans in Connecticut have been extremely supportive of him throughout his career and he is very excited to return” said DeGuardia. “Going on sale this Saturday, these tickets make a great last minute gift or stocking stuffer for boxing fans.”
“For ‘Comanche Boy’ a fight against Rodriguez represents a terrific opportunity. This will be the first time he has fought on the East Coast and his first main event on ESPN so this is a chance for him to truly impress. He’s an undefeated Native American-Indian and a very colorful and aggressive fighter.”
A native of nearby Danbury, CT, the Dominican born Rodriguez, 26-6-3 (14KO’s), is among the most popular fighters on the East Coast having continuously drawn huge crowds to his all-action fights. In July 2011 on ESPN Friday Night Fights, perennial contender Rodriguez fought to a draw with Pawel Wolak in a legendary battle that was voted “2011 Fight of the Year,” returning in December 2011 to beautifully outbox Wolak towards a dominant victory at Madison Square Garden.
In June of this year, Rodriguez challenged WBA Junior Middleweight Champion Austin Trout, losing a hard fought decision in a nationally televised bout.
Fighting out of Lawton, Oklahoma and a proud member of the Comanche Nation, Tahdooahnippah sports a record of 31-0-1 with 23 knockouts and is coming off a third round stoppage of Gundrick King on SEPTEMBER 28 in his hometown winning the NABA USA Middleweight Title.
The Rodriguez/Tahdooahnippah bout will be contested at a catch weight of 157 pounds. An exciting undercard will be announced shortly.
The Mohegan Sun is located at I Mohegan Sun Boulevard, Uncasville, CT 06382. For more information please visit their website at www.mohegansun.com
Robert Guerrero brings smiles to families at the Cathedral of Faith Food Drive
December 21, 2012 – The Cathedral of Faith Church held their annual Celebration of Love food drive today and world champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero helped out by giving food to those who are less fortunate. Over 1000 families were given a food cart to take home for their Christmas dinner.
“The Cathedral of Faith is a wonderful church and I’m happy to be part of their annual food drive,” said Robert Guerrero. “It brings me great pleasure to see all the families with smiles on their faces when we took the food cart to their cars. Right now a lot of people are struggling financially so what better way to bring them joy during Christmas time. It’s all about giving back to the community.”
The Cathedral of Faith is a 12,000 member, non-denominational Christian Church that has reached out to 200 ministries to meet the needs of their congregation, their local community, and the world. For more information about Cathedral of Faith, log onto www.cathedraloffaith.org.
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things