- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
Demetrius Andrade destroys Alexis Hlores
MANCHESTER, N.H. (September 20, 2012) – World-ranked junior middleweight Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (18-0, 13 KOs) displayed his entire arsenal tonight, stopping Alexis “Hurricane” Hloris (16-4-2, 12 KOs) in the second round, headlining the11th annual Fight To Educate Pro-Am card at Verizon Wireless Center in Manchester, New Hampshire.
The 24-year-old Andrade, a 2008 U.S. Olympian, dropped Fernandez early in the second round with a straight left and then finished the show with a right hook. Fernandez beat the count but the referee halted the action as the second round ended.
“I wouldn’t say I was rusty, just cautious in the first round, feeling him out to see what he had,” Andrade said after the fight. “I established my jab. I came out in the second round knowing he had trouble with my jab and left. I put some power and speed behind my punches. I showcased it (his entire arsenal); it looked good and sealed the deal.
“I want (Sergie) Dzinziruk (former WBO champion, 37-1, 27 KOs). His only loss was to the best, Sergio Martinez, and he just had a draw (Jonathan Gonzalez). His name would look good on my resume.”
Andrade, fighting out of Providence (RI), is co-promoted by Joe DeGuardia’s Star Boxing and Banner Promotions. The slick southpaw is ranked No. 4 by the International Boxing Federation (IBF) and No. 5 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO), as well as No. 10 by the World Boxing Council (WBC) and No. 15 by the World Boxing Association (WBA).
Undefeated Vermont welterweight Chris Gilbert improved to 5-0 (4 KOs) with a win over Antonio Chaves Fernandez. Gilbert dropped Fernandez midway through the opening round, trapped Fernandez on the ropes in the fourth and ended the fight by way of technical knockout with a powerful right uppercut.
Fight To Educate, presented this year in part by Absolute Broadcasting WGAM, The Game, is a unique charity event that combines a love of sports with the vision of assisting children and seniors in need, who with fundraisers like this could be ‘down for the count.’ During the past 10 years, Fight To Educate has raised more than $500,000 in donations benefitting local New Hampshire non-profit organizations.
Proceeds from the 11th annual Fight To Educate will benefit SEE Science Center (www.see-sciencecenter.org), The Bobby Stephens Fund for Education (www.stepheneducationfund.com), and New Horizons for New Hampshire.
Demetrius Andrade WTKO2 (3:00) Alexis Hlores
Providence, RI Mount Clemens, MI
18-0 (13 KOs) 16-5-2 (12 KOs)
Chris Gilbert WTKO4 (2:50) Antonio Chaves Fernandez
Windsor, VT Quincy, MA
5-0 (4 KOs) 2-8-1 (0 KOs)
Joel Bishop WPTS3 John Rosa
West Forks, ME Lawrence, MA
Nico Clow WPTS3 Richie Ford
Claremont, NH Claremont, NH
Tevin Aleau WPTS3 Brandon Berry
Providence, RI West Forks, ME
Zack Morel WPTS3 Phil Kyser
New Hampton, NH Stockman ME
Rory Stapleton WPTS3 Keenan Manzi
Lancaster, NE Keene,
Wayne Stearns WPTS3 Angel Tricoche
Searsport, ME Haverhill, MA
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity