- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
- Brandon Adams looks to stay undefeated with win over Gatica
Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez to headline SHO BOX on Jan 25
Star Boxing, Banner Promotions and JEG Boxing present an evening of world-class professional boxing on ShoBox: The New Generation, Friday, January 25, 2013 at The Paramount in Huntington, N.Y.(SHOWTIME, 10 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast). Headlining the event will be a sensational 10-round junior middleweight showdown between world ranked and undefeated Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (18-0-0, 13KOs) of Providence, R.I. and former world title challenger Freddy “EL Riel” Hernandez (30-3-0, 20 KOs) of Mexico City, Mexico for the vacant WBO Inter-Continental Title.
Ranked #3 by the IBF, #3 by the WBO and #7 by the WBC, the 24-year-old southpaw Andrade is an amateur sensation with extensive international experience. He was considered the cream of the 2008 United States Olympic Team advancing to the quarterfinal round. He also won the Gold Medal in the 2007 World Championships, the first American do so since 1999.
Andrade’s 2012 campaign demonstrated his brutal knock out power with devastating early knockout wins over Angel Hernandez (KO in Round 2),Rudy Cisneros (KO in Round 1), , and Alexis Hloros (TKO in Round 2)..
However, Hernandez is certainly the biggest challenge of Andrade’s career. The hard-hitting Hernandez has faced numerous former world champions and contenders over his 11-year career and holds recent wins over Luis Collazo, Mike Anchondo and DeMarcus Corley.
On October 15, 2011, Hernandez dominated former world champion Collazo towards a ten round unanimous decision win. Most recently he challenged top contender Erislandy Lara on June 30, coming up short in a hotly contested 10-round bout in Indio, CA.
“This is a fantastic opportunity for Demetrius to show the terrific fans at The Paramount and the ShoBox audience that he is deserving of his recognition as one of the best junior middleweights in the world. However, Hernandez is a tough, rugged fighter with a great deal of experience and is a true spoiler in the division,” said Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing.
Stated Artie Pellulo of Banner Promotions, “We are very proud of Demetrius. This fight with Hernandez, which is a WBO Regional title fight is the next step towards a world championship.”
Tickets priced at $50, $100 and $150, will go on sale 10:00 am Friday through Ticketmaster, (www.Ticketmaster.com, 800-745-3000) or through The Paramount Box Office, (631) 673-7300 in addition to the Star Boxing Office, (718) 823-2000 or on their website, www.StarBoxing.com. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7PM with the first bell at 8PM.
The Paramount is located at 370 New York Avenue, Huntington, New York, 11743. For directions and more information, please visit their website at www.paramountny.com
ABOUT THE PARAMOUNT:
Opened September 30, 2011 this 1,555 capacity live entertainment venue located in downtown Huntington, Long Island, features concerts, boxing, comedy, community and other special events. Booked by Live Nation, the Paramount has hosted over 150 events in its first year of operation and quickly established itself as the premier music venue on Long Island. Some recent acts to take the stage include Pitbull, Taking Back Sunday, The Pixies, Elvis Costello, Warren Haynes, Willie Nelson, Brand New, Goo Goo Dolls, Primus, Marilyn Manson, Korn, The Wanted, The Script, Panic! At the Disco and many, more.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity