- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Diaz and Tapia score big wins
ATLANTIC CITY (August 21, 2012)—This past Saturday night rising prospect Joel Diaz scored an impressive stoppage after round two over Guillermo Sanchez in a scheduled round Super Featherweight bout that highlighted a action packed nine bout card at Ballys.
The card, which was promoted by John Lynch’s Pound For Pound Promotions and was seen LIVE all over the world on www.gfl.tv
The fight card is now available on demand for just $9.99 by clicking: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Boxing/Boxing_at_Ballys_Joel_Diaz_vs_Guillermo_Sanchez/1643
Diaz of Palmdale, CA. hurt Sanchez with a flurry of hard shots at the end of the second round and when Sanchez sat on his stool after the round, he had decided he had enough and Diaz had the stoppage victory.
It was Diaz eleventh win without a defeat with the tenth coming via stoppage. Sanchez of Buffalo, NY is now 13-7-1.
In the co-feature, Glen “Jersey Boy” Tapia (15-0, 9 KO’s) dropped late replacement Franklin Gonzalez (15-11) twice en route to a first round blowout in a scheduled eight round Middleweight bout.
It was a dramatic week for Tapia, whose girlfriend gave birth to the couple’s first child (a girl) just thirteen days before the fight and Tapia also had several opponents pull out before Gonzalez was secured just twenty –four hours before the fight
Patrick Farrell survived a hard knockdown in the first round before outlasting and getting a stoppage over Wayne Hampton in round three of a scheduled six round Heavyweight bout.
In a anticipated battle of undefeated Heavyweights, Dorsett Barnwell (7-0) scored a six round unanimous decision over former world amateur champion Joey Dawejko (7-1-1)
In an exciting six round Jr. Middleweight battle, Thomas “Cornflake” LaManna survived a late rally from rugged Yolexcy Leiva (5-4) and took a hard fought six round split decision.
LaManna dropped Leiva with a hard right hand in round two and was poised for the knockout victory. Leiva battled back and landed some good shots over the final three rounds, but the twenty year-old LaManna of Millville, NJ put enough rounds in the bank early to come home with the victory and remain perfect at 9-0.
Top Rank prospect Toka Kahn Clary (2-0, 2 KO’s) made it two knockouts in as many fights as he smashed an overmatched Jamil Winfield (0-2) in seventy-six seconds of their four round Super Featherweight fight.
Three highly regarded prospects all made successful pro debuts as former three-time Irish national champion Tyrone McKenna scored a four round unanimous decision over fellow pro debuter Anthony Morrison of Philadelphia in a Jr. Welterweight clash.
Tyrell Wright of Jersey City scored a four round unanimous decision over Dennis Benson (1-3) in a Heavyweight battle while Anthony Gangemi of Dover, NJ was impressive in stopping Jimmy Ellis (1-2) in round three of their four round Jr. Middleweight fight.
For More Information on Pound For Pound Promotions and gfl.tv, contact:
Marc Abrams at 856 287 7611; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity