- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Diaz-Contreras on September 21
On a quest to be the best, stable mates Richard Contreras and Miguel Diaz make their way down the road less traveled
Orange, CA (September 11) – Two impressive action style fighters return to Ontario when Allentown’s Miguel Diaz and Riverside’s Richard ” El Terminador” Contreras co-headline another talented Thompson Boxing Promotions fight “PATH TO GLORY” card at the Ontario Doubletree Hotel, next Friday, September 21.
The quick fisted Miguel Diaz (9-0, 4 KOs) has rapidly amassed a cross-country fan base in Southern California with his sizzling boxing style. The flyweight hopeful has fought eight of his nine pro fights in the Southland. He’ll face off against San Antonio, Texas’ more experienced pugilist Joseph Rios (11-7-2, 4 KOs) in a flyweight bout set for eight rounds for the vacant WBC USNBC title.
Tickets for “PATH TO GLORY” are priced at $75, $45, and $30. They are available now and may be purchased by calling 714-935-0900.
In the co-main event Richard Contreras (9-0-1, 8 KOs) returns to the boxing ring after suffering a fractured jaw last February at the same venue. He will face Jonathan Alcantara (6-7-2, 1 KO) in an eight round featherweight bout. It’s the first time Contreras returns to the ring after his blistering fight against former world title challenger Daniel Quevedo whom he fought to a draw. In one of the most inspiring displays of courage seen in a boxing ring, Contreras shocked fans with his valiant rally after being knocked down by a punch long after the bell rang early in the fight. Don’t miss the return of Contreras against the seasoned veteran Alcantara.
Rigoberto “El Asesino” Flores (5-1, 2 KOs) returns and meets another San Antonio warrior in Rolando Campos (6-4, 2 KOs) in a six round junior welterweight clash. Flores fights out of Northridge and is a popular fighter in the Southern California fight circuit. He’ll face another hard-fighting pugilist in Campos.
A battle of undefeated junior middleweights takes place when Florida’s Eugene McClellan (8-0, 3 KOs) meets Mexicali, Mexico’s Mike Noriega (4-0, 4 KOs) in a bout set for six rounds. This is Noriega’s first fight in the U.S. and McClellan’s first venture to the West Coast. Stylistically this fight could be explosive. The elusive McClellan, is the nephew of former WBC Middleweight Champion Gerald McClellan who tragically lost a 10th round knockout and now permanently suffers from his injuries. Gino, as he prefers to be called, brings the same familial passion to the ring.
St. Louis prizefighter Derrick “Whoop Dat Ass” Murray (4-0, 3 KOs) fights Cuba’s Pedro Toledo (1-0) in a junior lightweight match up set for six rounds. Murray has proven to be an upset-maker with a win over Cesar Valenzuela earlier in the year. Toledo is making his first appearance on American soil.
In a 4-round heavyweight match up Long Beach’s Javier Torres (2-0, 2 KOs) will trade leather with Palmdale’s Avery Gibson (0-0-1).
Bouts subject to change. Doors open at 6:30 pm, and the first bell rings at 7:30 pm. Ontario Doubletree Hotel is located at 222 Vineyard Avenue, Ontario, California.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction