- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn "Showtime" Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- AWE to Air WBA World Championship LIVE this Saturday
- THE HALF-SOLVED “MAYWEATHER VS. PACQUIAO”
- “Payasito”-Tostado in the works for May in Mexico
- A Trio of U.S. Boxers Earn Preliminary Round Victories at the 2014 Youth World Championships
- Chinese Taipei impress in Sofia
- Browne v Bahoeli to be broadcast to Australia and across Asia
Donaire vs. Arce & Rigondeaux vs. Poonsawat on Saturday, December 15th on HBO
HBO Sports rings in the holiday season with an action-packed doubleheader from deep in the heart of Texas when WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING: NONITO DONAIRE VS. JORGE ARCE AND GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX VS. POONSAWAT KRATINGDAENGGYM is seen SATURDAY, DEC. 15 at 9:30 p.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT), from the Toyota Center in Houston, exclusively on HBO. The HBO broadcast team of Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant and Roy Jones Jr. will be ringside for the event, which will be available in HDTV, closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired and presented in Spanish on HBO Latino.
Other HBO playdates: Dec. 16 (9:15 a.m.) and 17 (11:55 p.m.)
HBO2 playdates: Dec. 16 (4:45 p.m.) and 18 (11:00 p.m.)
In a junior featherweight title showdown, Nonito Donaire (30-1, 19 KOs) of San Leandro, Cal. takes on Jorge Arce (61-6-2, 46 KOs) of Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico in a scheduled 12-round contest. A fierce fighter known for devastating speed, Donaire, 30, is one of the sport’s top performers and has not lost a fight in more than 11 years. Following his October TKO of Toshiaki Nishioka, this will be his fourth bout of the year. A popular veteran riding an 11-bout unbeaten streak, the 33-year-old Arce is a former multiple-division titlist fresh off a unanimous decision victory over Mauricio Martinez, and will also be making his fourth appearance of the year. In May 2011, he handed Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. the first loss of his career.
In the opening fight, Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8 KOs) of Miami, Fla. takes on Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym (48-2, 33 KOs) of Sakon, Nakhon, Thailand in another 12-round, 122-pound title fight. A two-time Olympic gold medalist, Rigondeaux, 32, will be making his HBO debut. He represented Cuba in the 2000 and 2004 Olympics, but didn’t turn pro until he was 28 years old, after defecting from Cuba in 2009. Also 32, Kratingdaenggym boasts a seven-bout winning streak spanning two years. The top-rated Thai fighter in the world, he most recently scored a unanimous decision victory over Danilo Pena in September. This HBO debut is also his first fight in the U.S.
Leading off the telecast will be the replay of Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez 4. The two elite prizefighters fought the fourth chapter of their spirited rivalry on Dec. 8 in Las Vegas and Marquez scored a resounding 6th round KO victory that has already emerged as a clear favorite for “Fight of the Year” honors.
A new edition of the boxing news and interview program “The Fight Game with Jim Lampley” debuts from Houston immediately after the live doubleheader at 12:30 a.m. (live ET/tape-delayed PT).
Follow HBO boxing news at hbo.com/boxing, on Facebook at facebook.com/hboboxing and on Twitter at twitter.com/hboboxing.
All HBO boxing events are presented in HDTV. HBO viewers must have access to the HBO HDTV channel to watch HBO programming in high definition.
The executive producer of WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING is Rick Bernstein; producer, Thomas Odelfelt; director, Marc Payton.
® WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING is a registered service mark of Home Box Office, Inc.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Official Weigh-in Results for Hopkins-Shumenov
- Hopkins – Shumenov weigh-in livestream at 1pm ET
- Bernard Hopkins warns Shumenov ‘to get ready for school’
- Video: Crolla vs. Murray weigh-in
- Video: Quigg vs Munyai Weigh-In
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity