Dulorme decisions Estrella; Pedraza beats Valderrama
September 1, 2012 – Yesterday the “Night of Champions” card at the Guillermo Angulo Coliseum in Carolina, PR took place. In the main event coveted welterweight fighter Thomas Dulorme (16-0, 12 KOs), completely dominated Yoryi Estrella (10-8, 7 KOs) in a bout that was scheduled for 10 rounds. An aggressive Estrella tried to keep up in the fight, but Dulorme’s quickness and constant combinations caused Estrella to be outshined all the way across the fight. All three judges scored the fight 100-90.
“My opponent came into the fight overweight, but we went after the victory without caring how many pounds he had over the limit. It’s no excuse as I accepted the fight because I will fight anybody being that I am a warrior”, said Dulorme.
In the co-feature bout, Jose “Sniper” Pedraza (10-0, 6 KO) defeated Jose Valderrama (4-2, 2 KOs) by unanimous decision. Pedraza gave a boxing clinic, going from conventional to southpaw on various occasions. In the sixth round, Valderrama hit the canvas after a pinpoint left hook from Pedraza landed flush on his chin. All judges scored the fight 80-71.
“Valderrama demonstrated that he was ready,” said a joyous Pedraza. “I said since the beginning that Arecibo sends well prepared fighters. Even though he had few fights, the Boxing Commission approved the fight for a reason, and it was a good fight for the fans.”
Dulorme and Pedraza are part of “Team Puerto Rico”, a collaboration between Gary Shaw Productions, DiBella Entertainment and Universal Promotions with the purpose of gathering the best talent in Puerto Rico.
In a puncher’s duel, Jorge “Destroyer” Melendez (24-2, 23 KO) retained his 154 pound Interim Latin World Boxing Organization title by defeating Milton Nunez (24-5, 22 KOs) by technical knockout in the first round. Nunez visited the canvas on two occasions, recovering only to continue to suffer damage from Melendez’s onslaught until the referee detained the contest.
In other bouts, Victor “Picu” Perez (1-0, 1 KO) beat Uziel Velez (1-1, 1 KO) by technical knockout in the first round, Miguel “El Gallo” Marrero (6-0, 3 KOs) defeated Pedro “El Gago” Hernandez (6-6-1, 2 KOs) in the second round by way of technical knockout, Efrain “Macho” Cruz (1-0, 1 KO) beat Nelson Agosto (0-3) 34 seconds after the opening bell. In the welterweight division, Luis “Yeye” Rodriguez (2-0, 2 KOs) defeated Luis Ortiz in the first round by way of technical knockout. At 118 pounds, Emanuel “Manny, El Sensacional” Rodriguez (3-0, 3 KOs) beat Luis Ortiz (2-13) by technical knockout in the fourth and final round, while Carlos “Kid” Narvaez (5-0, 5 KOs) defeated Jose Torres (2-2) by technical knockout in third round and 2011 National Champion at 152 pounds, Emanuel “Pirata” De Jesus (1-0, 1 KO) defeated Xavier Lazaye (0-1) by way of knockout just 22 seconds into the opening round.
Team Puerto Rico……….the new wave, once again making a splash…
- OSCAR DE LA HOYA ELECTED TO THE INTERNATIONAL BOXING HALL OF FAME
- Adrien Broner and Marcos Maidana media conference call MEDIA
- Three R&R Promotions fighters collect WBC USA titles over the weekend
- Josesito Lopez quotes
- Manny Pacquiao Is Back On April 12, At The MGM Grand, Las Vegas
- Bob Arum: “We’re Willing To Make Anything Happen”
- De La Hoya, Trinidad and Calzaghe all headed into The Hall of Fame – all three greats fully deserving of the honour
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights
- Stevenson obliterates Bellew; Kovalev crushes Sillakh