- Maidana: First I’m going to give Mayweather a beating, and then I’m going to KO him
- Anthony Joshua sparring with Wladimir to get him ready for Kubrat Pulev fight
- Maidana doubts Mayweather can improve from previous fight
- Maidana, Santa Cruz & Angulo quotes ahead of "Mayhem: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2"
- Hearn: Kell Brook is an obvious opponent for Mayweather in 2015
- Roach: Algieri isn’t in Pacquiao’s class
- Joey Dawejko headlines on Friday, September 19 at Harrahs Philadelphia
- NEW TRAINER CONFIDENT IN MIKE JONES RETURN THIS SATURDAY
- Brook receives Lord Mayor’s welcome home on Friday
- MANCHESTER VERSUS LIVERPOOL BATTLE FOR THE ENGLISH TITLE
- USA Boxing’s Elite Women to Face Northern Neighbors in the Battle of the Frontiers on August 21
- Gingras-McCreedy, young stars headline Sept. 12
Early Start For David Price vs Audley Harrison
DAVID PRICE’S British and Commonwealth heavyweight title defence against Audley Harrison on Saturday October 13 will take place at 9.30pm.
Promoter Frank Maloney has shifted the fight forward to attract more television viewers and because of Sunday newspaper deadlines.
The fight had been due to take place at 11pm but after talks with BoxNation executives the ‘Battle of the Olympians’ will start early.
Maloney said: “I believe an earlier start will persuade more people to tune into BoxNation who have signed a deal with David and myself to broadcast his fights.
“The great thing about having a dedicated boxing channel is that you can be more flexible with the times that you start big fights.
“You are not being dictated to because of other sports schedules and you working with a fan friendly organisation.
“There has been interest from Sunday newspapers and it will help the fight get valuable exposure nationally.
“There may also be fans that are dependent on getting last trains back home so I hope this helps them.
The talent stacked 14 fight card also includes a vacant British cruiserweight title fight between Shane McPhilbin (8-3) and Jon Lewis Dickinson (11-2), Chris Edwards (17-14-4) making a British and Commonwealth flyweight title defence against local Kevin Satchell (8-0) and a British light-welterweight title eliminator between Adil Anwar (17-1) and Dale Miles (13-1).
Tickets are selling fast but can be purchased £190 (VIP), £90 (ringside), £60, £40 at frankmaloney.com or 0844 8000 400.
The show will be broadcast live from 7pm by the home of boxing BoxNation (Sky 437/Virgin 546). Join now atwww.boxnation.com. The bout will be screened live in the USA by WealthTV.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Kell Brook’s trainer doesn’t want him to take an easy fight on December 6th
- Is Canelo capable of taking the baton from Mayweather to become boxing’s next PPV star?
- Deontay Wilder not worried about Stiverne’s power
- Shannon Briggs vs. Cory Phelps this Saturday in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Hearn hinting Khan may need to be B-side against Brook
- Loeffler sees Rubio as tough test for Golovkin
- Danny Garcia – Viktor Postol fight ordered by WBC