- Carl Froch: The Reluctant Warrior
- Canelo vs. Angulo: We Didn't Learn Anything New
- Will Miguel Cotto vs. Sergio Martinez Decide Canelo's Next Rival?
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- The Pugilist KOrner: Ann Wolfe, Kermit Cintron, Sugar Hill, Karim Mayfield, Gary Russell Jr, and more
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch - 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- KNOCKOUT REALITY SHOW BRINGING BOXING BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM
- Scouting Report for Saturday’s Chilemba-Grachev Fight on NBCSN Fight Night
- “San Diego Fights: Border War” Set for Friday, April 4th!
- Gulfstream Promotions card featuring Brandon Quarles This Saturday night in Springfield, VA.
- NBCSN Fight Night Only Place to Catch Adamek-Glazkov – Tickets Sold Out!
- Ceylan to fight Urena at the Nordic Fight Night in Esbjerg
Eddie Chambers Inks with Main Events – Eyes Cruiserweight Division
Heavyweight contender “Fast” Eddie Chambers, 36-3, 18 KOs, Philadelphia, has decided to campaign as a cruiserweight. It is a move that he believes will bring him a world title belt.
“The cruiserweight division is better because I’ll be fighting guys my size,” Chambers said. “I may have had some advantages at heavyweight, but imagine me at cruiser, fighting against someone my own size.”
Chambers hasn’t weighted over 210 pounds for a fight in more than three years, and feels that the move down to the 200-pound cruiserweight limit will make him more competitive and offer greater opportunity for him to become champion.
“I want to be a world champion,” Chambers said. “That’s what you set out to do when you start boxing. That’s what I want to be, and I’ve worked my entire boxing career, and most of my life, at that. I want to achieve it. I see that title (belt) wrapped around my waist.”
Main Events is currently riding a wave of success with their nationally televised “Fight Night” boxing series on the NBC Sports Network. Chambers looks forward to more national exposure on the popular program.
“I think it’s a great opportunity,” Chambers said. “Main Events puts on nothing but great fights. I’m just happy to be part of it. They really have confidence in my ability, and it led me to believe that these were the people for me.”
Kathy Duva, Main Events CEO, said, “I don’t think anyone in the cruiserweight division can beat Eddie Chambers, period. We are very happy that he has decided to work with us towards his goal of winning the cruiserweight title and I have no doubt in my mind that he will get there very soon.”
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Anthony Peterson vs. Marcos Jimenez, March 21st ESPN FNF Co-Main
- Vanes Martirosyan Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia eyes future Mayweather showdown if he beats Herrera this Saturday
- Al Haymon Signs Baltimore Featherweight Gervonta Davis
- Ekpo wants all the big fights in the world
- Hopkins-Shumenov Announce Light Heavyweight Unification Bout
- Froch/Groves – Promotion for Dummies?