Eddie Chambers Inks with Main Events – Eyes Cruiserweight Division
Heavyweight contender “Fast” Eddie Chambers, 36-3, 18 KOs, Philadelphia, has decided to campaign as a cruiserweight. It is a move that he believes will bring him a world title belt.
“The cruiserweight division is better because I’ll be fighting guys my size,” Chambers said. “I may have had some advantages at heavyweight, but imagine me at cruiser, fighting against someone my own size.”
Chambers hasn’t weighted over 210 pounds for a fight in more than three years, and feels that the move down to the 200-pound cruiserweight limit will make him more competitive and offer greater opportunity for him to become champion.
“I want to be a world champion,” Chambers said. “That’s what you set out to do when you start boxing. That’s what I want to be, and I’ve worked my entire boxing career, and most of my life, at that. I want to achieve it. I see that title (belt) wrapped around my waist.”
Main Events is currently riding a wave of success with their nationally televised “Fight Night” boxing series on the NBC Sports Network. Chambers looks forward to more national exposure on the popular program.
“I think it’s a great opportunity,” Chambers said. “Main Events puts on nothing but great fights. I’m just happy to be part of it. They really have confidence in my ability, and it led me to believe that these were the people for me.”
Kathy Duva, Main Events CEO, said, “I don’t think anyone in the cruiserweight division can beat Eddie Chambers, period. We are very happy that he has decided to work with us towards his goal of winning the cruiserweight title and I have no doubt in my mind that he will get there very soon.”
- Connecticut Boxing Hall of Fame a knockout success
- Chris Mannix: “I’m Told Mayweather-Khan Is a Done Deal”
- Lewis Taylor targets Adam Etches
- Lucas Browne: “I can’t say I’m surprised that David Price has vacated his titles”
- Wlodarczyk vs. Fragomeni 3: Final Quotes
- Free Live Stream Of WBF World Title Fights This Friday
- “It’s about who can handle the pressure best” – Khan can’t wait for Malignaggi vs Judah
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights