- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Deontay Wilder vs. Malik Scott: The road to the heavyweight title
- Weights: Canelo 155, Angulo 154.5
- MGM Grand in Las Vegas selected as official site for Mayweather vs. Maidana mega-fight Saturday, May 3 live on Showtime PPV®
- Stiverne vs. Arreola: Finally a change in the heavyweight scene!
- FULL UNDERCARD ANNOUNCED FOR "TOE TO TOE: CANELO VS. ANGULO"
- Cuba vs. USA in WSB quarter-finals
- Veteran Konecny vows: Against Quillin, I’ll make my American miracle come true!
- Four American Boxers Advance to the Final Round at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
- Brandon Cook vs Phil Rose on May 3rd
- Mundine in beast mode for Clottey
- Team USA Opens the 2014 Youth Continental Championships With Three Victories in Ecuador
Eric Fields: Yoan Pablo Hernandez is in Danger!
Oklahoma power puncher Eric “Danger” Fields (21-1, 15 KOs) is hoping he’ll be underestimated when he brings his heavy fists to Germany on February 2, 2013, to face IBF Cruiserweight Champion Yoan Pablo Hernandez (27-1, 13 KOs) at Max-Schmeling-Halle in Berlin.
Fields and Hernandez will meet in the main supporting bout of the European Light Heavyweight Championship main event between Eduard Gutknecht and Juergen Braehmer.
“This is his third defense and he’s had some big wins and he’s a southpaw, so I bet he’s feeling real confident fighting a guy in the top 15. Well, guess what? He’s in danger and he won’t know it till it’s too late. I’m taking the title from him and bringing it back to America.”
Fields’ promoter, Greg Cohen of Greg Cohen Promotions, has been looking like a boxing genius of late, after maneuvering WBA world junior middleweight champion Austin Trout from relative obscurity to boxing’s newest star.
Cohen says Fields has exactly the kind of power that has bothered the German-based Cuban Hernandez throughout his career.
“His (Hernandez’s) only official loss came by KO to big punching Wayne Braithwaite. In his last fight he was fortunate to get a decision over Troy Ross, another fighter with heavy, fast hands. Eric has the athleticism, the speed and the strength to go in and get this guy out of there,” said Cohen. “I’m looking forward to adding another world champion to the GCP stable February 2nd.”
“Eric is 100% focused and committed to this fight and an Eric Fields in top shape is a big problem for anyone in the world. Some fighters try to weather the storm and wait for him to tire. He’s not going to tire in this fight. He’s too focused and driven. Now is Eric’s time. ”
Tickets for the fight can be purchased at www.eventim.de and www.boxen.com.
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Floyd “Money” Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- “Toe to Toe: Canelo vs. Angulo” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner”
- Canelo vs. Angulo early results
- TODAY! Pacquiao Arrives in Los Angeles
- Mike Reed’s Stock Rises in Decision Win over Mahasin
- 14,700 tickets sold for Mayweather-Maidana fight today, says Schaefer
- “Toe to Toe”: Alfredo “El Perro” Angulo vs Saul “Canelo” Alvarez – Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction