ESPN3 to Present Live Exclusive U.S. Coverage of Saturday’s Frampton vs. Molitor Super Bantamweight Title Fight
ESPN3 will present live exclusive coverage in the U.S. of the Carl Frampton (14-0, 9 KOs) vs. Steve Molitor (34-2, 12 KOs) Super Bantamweight title fight from Belfast, Northern Ireland, on Saturday, Sept. 22, at 4 p.m. ET.
Canada’s Molitor, a former two-time Junior Featherweight world titleholder, said of Saturday’s fight, “He’s (Frampton) European level and I’m world level and come fight night everyone will realize that. This is too soon for Frampton. He has never been in the ring with someone on my level. He is a good boxer, very aggressive, but he makes a lot of mistakes that I plan on capitalizing on. The plan is to win convincingly here against a young undefeated prospect and that will put me in line for a world title.”
Belfast’s Frampton said, “He’s (Molitor) said a few things about me in the buildup and he obviously likes to talk a bit – that’s fine. All that matters to me is victory on Saturday night and doing it in the best possible way for the fans. He won’t have any friends in the arena on Saturday and his words won’t be able to help him then.”
ESPN3’s coverage of Saturday’s card from Belfast will also include the British and Commonwealth Featherweight title fight between Martin Lindsay (19-1, 7 KOs) and Lee Selby (13-1, 5 KOs), as well as an International Light Welterweight contest between Paul McCloskey (23-2, 12 KOs) and American Lightweight contender Manuel Perez (18-7, 4 KOs).
ESPN3 is ESPN’s live multi-screen sports network, a destination that delivers thousands of global sports events annually and accessible online via WatchESPN.com, on smartphones and tablets via the WatchESPN app and through ESPN on Xbox LIVE to Gold members. It is currently available to 73 million homes at no additional cost to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider. The network is also available at no cost to approximately 21 million U.S. college students and U.S.-based military personnel via computers connected to on-campus educational networks and on-base military networks.
- WEIGHTS FROM TWIN RIVER
- Paulie Malignaggi vs. Zab Judah final press conference quotes
- Gunn and Johnson confirm “Celtic Warrior vs Road Warrior”!
- When enough is not enough
- Stevens – Majewski, Mchunu – Wilson Begin NBCSN Fight 2014 With a Bang
- Diaz vs. Ellison headlining 50 Cent’s Big Apple Boxing show Dec. 20
- Undefeated David Rodriguez ready for redemption at resorts AC
- Broadway Boxing: Melson Beats King, Rosa Handles Wilson Easily
- Australian Boxing: Zac Dunn Stops Marlon Alta in Five
- Jeff Lacy Returns With Third Round Stoppage
- Travis Kauffman dismantles Barnett in the first round
- Nothing Spoiled in Quebec: Stevenson and Kovalev are Victorious
- Adonis Stevenson – Fighter Of The Year for 2013?
- Gaelle Amand And Nikki Adler Victorious In WBF World Title Fights