- Bob Arum on Mayweather Jr. vs. Pacquiao: “All signs seem to point to the fight happening early next year"
- Johnny Nelson: I could still beat 'plastic' champion Huck
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Jermain Taylor -- FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN ... Cops Say
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Pac And Floyd Versus Love For The Sport (Part VI)
- Szili ready to capture UBF world title, Wants to face Golovkin, Cotto, Martinez, Quillin, and Felix Sturm
- Juan Pablo Lopez Vs. Fernando Torres, Jeffrey Fontanez Vs. Gilberto Gonzalez
- Dodgers Give Manny Pacquiao the Start For Labor Day Game
- Berto vs Upsher on Sept 6
- Jose Ramirez Visits Vally Children’s Hospital
Fight Night Productions and Ker’s WingHouse Return For “WingHouse Fight Night”
On Friday, September 14, 2012, Fight Night Productions and Ker’s WingHouse Bar & Grill continue Tampa’s longest-running boxing series, “WingHouse Fight Night,” at the A La Carte Event Pavilion. Telemundo Network’s cameras for the popular boxing series “Boxeo TELEMUNDO Ford” will be rolling on the night’s main event as World Boxing Association’s (WBA) number-three ranked fighter, and the World Boxing Organization’s (WBO) number-six ranked fighter, Flyweight contender Glenn “The Bomber” Donaire (19-4-1, 10 KOs) of San Leandro, California via General Santos City, Phillipines, battles former world title challenger Omar “Lobito” Soto (22-9-2, 15 KOs) of Mexico City, Mexico for the vacant NABO Flyweight title in a bout scheduled for 12 rounds*.
The card will also mark the return of Tampa-native and Florida State Featherweight Champion, Charlie “The Beast” Serrano (14-3-1, 4 KOs). In his last outing, “The Beast” dropped a hard-fought decision to Camilo Perez (7-0-0, 4 KOs) in San Juan, Puerto Rico on the undercard of Showtime Boxing’s presentation of Juan Manuel Marques/Orlando Salido II. Serrano has an impressive 13-1-1 record when fighting at the A La Carte Pavilion, with his only loss at the storied venue taking place in March of 2008.
In a feature bout of the evening, Ft. Myers welterweight, Bryant Perrella (2-0-0, 2 KOs) will look to continue on the fast track to world title contention. The lightning-quick Perrella, who singed a co-promotional deal with Top Rank Boxing, Pugilist Promotions and Shea Baily Promotions in January, is coming off an impressive fourth-round technical knockout of Nick Gonzalez (3-3-1, 1 KO) in a bout that took place in San Antonio, Texas.
“WingHouse Fight Night” will also continue its tradition of showcasing some of the Tampa/St.Petersburg area’s most talented and up-and-coming fighters including; Tampa native and heavyweight sensation, Kenny “Right Hook” Lacy (2-0-0, 1 KO) and St. Petersburg-rising prospects Radivoje “Hot Rod” Kalajdzic (7-0-0, 5 KOs) and Alphonso Black (3-0-1, 2 KOs).
Lacy, the brother of former United States Boxing Association (USBA), North American Boxing Association (NABA) and International Boxing Federation (IBF) super middleweight champion, Jeff “Left Hook” Lacy, was voted into the “WingHouse Fight Night” co-main event by the Fight Night Productions Facebook fans on June 1, 2012 and delivered with hard fought decision victory over Chris Barnett (1-3-0).
The undefeated Kalajdzic has become one of the most popular fighters to appear on the “WingHouse Fight Night” series because of his tremendous skill and devastating power. Each time “Hot Rod” has appeared at the A La Carte Event Pavilion, he has brought the fans to their feet, and his “Team Rod” supporters grow.
Rising middleweight prospect Alphonso Black (3-0-1, 2 KOs) is building quite the fan base at the A La Carte Pavilion by delivering two-sensational knockouts, and an all-action toe-to-toe war with Victor Pacheco (1-0-1). He will look to continue his undefeated streak in front of his home town crowd.
Also, featured on the card are a couple of familiar participants at past “WingHouse Fight Nights.” Heavyweight, Jason “Half Man, Half Amazing” Barnett (13-14-0, 6 KOs) will look for his second-consecutive victory at the A La Carte Pavilion, and “Super” Derrick Samuels (17-4-1, 5 KOs) will be hoping to preserve his eight-fight win streak in the Tampa building.
In the coming weeks, more fights will be announced via our Twitter feed, @FightNight_FL. Tickets for this night of non-stop action start at only $25 and are currently on sale at all Ticketmaster outlets and www.Ticketmaster.com. For inquires on VIP table availability, please contact Aaron Jacobs (FightNightFL@Gmail.com) and for the most up-to-the-date information on additional fights,
opponents and match-ups, please follow Fight Night Productions on Twitter, @FightNight_FL, or search Fight Night Productions on Facebook® (search: Fight Night Productions, LLC).
Doors for this event will be open at 7:00 PM, with a bell-time of 8:00 PM.
*The main event is being presented by Tuto Zabala, Jr., All Star Boxing, Inc., in association with Fight Night Productions, LLC.
Complete “Winghouse Fight Night” Card*
Glen Donaire (19-4-1, 10 KOs) vs. Omar Soto (22-9-2, 15 KOs) 12rds Vacant NABO Flyweight title Derrick Samuels (17-4-1, 5 KOs) vs. Timothy Hall (7-12, 4 KOs) 6rds Junior Middleweight
Radivoje Kaladric (7-0, 5 KOs) vs. Shannon Anderson (4-2, 2 KOs) 6rds Light Heavyweight
Charlie Serrano (14-3-1, 4 KOs) vs. TBA 6rds Featherweight
Amos Cowart Jr. (5-0, 4 KOs) vs. Yunier Pelier Rey (3-1, 3 KOs) 4rds Lightweight
Alphonso Black (3-0-1, 2 KOs) vs. Joseph Benjamin (3-22-2, 3 KOs) 4rds Middleweight
Jason Barnett (13-14, 6 KOs) vs. Terrance Marba (6-2, 5 KOs) 4rds Heavyweight
Bryant Perrella (2-0, 2 KOs) vs. Jimmy Desir (2-4-1) 4rds Light Middleweight
Kenny Lacy (2-0, 1 KO) vs. Jorge Flores (0-1) 4rds Heavyweight
Willie Jones (Pro Debut) vs. Allen Williams (0-1) 4rds Welterweight
*Card Subject To Change
The official fighter weigh-ins for “WingHouse Fight Night” are open to the public and will conducted on Thursday, September 13, 2012, at 5:00 P.M., located at the Pinellas Park Ker’s WingHouse Bar & Grill (7790 US Highway 19 North, Pinellas Park, FL 33781). All fighters on the card will be in attendance and available for media and photo opportunities.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- All Access Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 premieres TONIGHT at 9:30p ET/PT on SHO
- Huck-Larghetti early results: Boytsov defeats Musafarov
- Pacquiao vs. Algieri: SF Scoop
- Marco Huck vs. Mirko Larghetti tonight in Germany
- Matt Korobov signs for Quillin fight
- Roach: Mayweather is shot, but we want Pacquiao to fight him
- Mayweather Promotions Final Weights, Quotes For Saturday’s Shobox: The New Generation Tripleheader