- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- "Toe to Toe": Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo vs Saul "Canelo" Alvarez - Keys to Victory, Four to Explore, & Official Prediction
- Canelo Alvarez Impresses In Controversial TKO Victory Over Alfredo Angulo, Saturday on SHOWTIME PPV
- Hunter: Angulo was coming on strong against Canelo at time of stoppage
- Floyd "Money" Mayweather Opening Press Conference Quotes & Photo From Mgm Grand In Las Vegas
- Canelo with huge advantage over Angulo in punch stats
- Fight Report – Martin steals the show as Turner and McIntyre Add Further Titles
- M-1 Global light heavyweight title fight Friday headlines M-1 Challenge 46
- TEENAGE PHENOM MILTON SANTIAGO JR. GOES FOR 3-0 THIS FRIDAY NIGHT IN PHILDELPHIA
- Felix: “This fight is everything to me”
- BUTLER “THE BODY SNATCHER” DELIGHTED WIN KO WIN
- Team USA Wins Seven Gold Medals and the Team Trophy at the 2014 Youth Continental Championships
News: Fonfara-Karpency; Juarez vs. Escalante
CHICAGO, IL (October 5, 2012) Advance tickets for “WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING” will go on sale THIS MONDAY with the return of “Chicago’s Polish Prince Andrzej Fonfara” set for FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16, in an IBO Light Heavyweight World Title Bout against former world title challenger Tommy Karpency of Adah, Pennsylvania at Chicago’s UIC Pavilion.
Presented by Round 3 Productions, advance tickets priced at $150, $100, $50 and $30, may be purchased through Ticketmaster (www.ticketmaster.com, phone 1-800-745-3000) or at the UIC Pavilion Box Office (phone 312-413-5700) in addition to the Round 3 Productions Office (phone 708-345-9999).
The UIC Pavilion is located at 525 S. Racine on the near West Side of Chicago. Doors on the evening of the event will open at 7pm with the first bell at 8pm.
Just 24-years-old, Warsaw, Poland native Fonfara is coming off his career best win, a dominant ten round decision over former world champion Glen Johnson on JULY 13 at the UIC Pavilion in a clash broadcast on ESPN’s Friday Night Fights.
Sporting a record of 22-2-1 (12KO’s), the heavy handed Fonfara, one of the best young fighters in the sport, has captured the interest of the huge Polish population in the Windy City along with the Chicago fight crowd, drawing massive crowds to his fights at the UIC Pavilion where eleven of his last twelve bouts have taken place.
Fonfara is currently world ranked #8 by the WBC and #11 by the WBO.
The 25-year-old Karpency brings a record of 21-3-1 (14KO’s) into the world title bout with Fonfara. Most recently the southpaw traveled to Cardiff, Wales on FEBRUARY 25 to challenge WBO Light Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly, losing a hard fought twelve round decision.
Two years ago while riding an eight bout-winning streak, Karpency fought Karo Murat for the WBO Inter-Continental Light Heavyweight Title, battling to a very close decision loss.
Further details including an excellent undercard to this world title fight will be announced shortly.
Rocky Juarez vs. Antonio Escalante
CHAMPION FIT GYM, 6824 SAN PEDRO AVE. SAN ANTONIO, TX. 1:00p.m. – Leija Battah Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions presents Rocky Juarez vs. Antonio Escalante, a Tex-Mex showdown on Saturday, October 27th at the Freeman Coliseum for a southwestern match that will rock the entire state of Texas.
The Olympics may be over but for former WBC Super Featherweight Champion and Olympic medalist Rocky Juarez (28-10-1, 20 KOs) of Houston, TX. the battle has just begun as we see him go toe-to-toe with El Paso’s own Antonio Escalante. We may witness a repeat of Juarez’ 2003 extraordinary knockout punch heard round the boxing world as Ring Side Magazine’s Knock Out of the year. Juarez has gone head-to-head with some of the best pound-for-pound fighters that boxing has to offer and he won’t back down from this home town challenge easily.
It’s Houston Vs. El Paso but Mexico has a lot to be proud of in sports for 2012 and Antonio Escalante (28-4, 19 KOs) of El Paso, TX. Is no exception; born in the unrestrained city of Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico Escalante emerges as a mascot for Mexican boxing fans across the Texas state line. Antonio Escalante has risen through the boxing ranks with wins against Miguel Roman, Edel Ruiz and most recently against Leonilo Miranda at the Illusions Theater, Alamodome, San Antonio, TX. on August 11th.
Come watch this Texas Pride Brawl presented by Leija Battah Promotions and Golden Boy Promotions, sponsored by Tecate and DeWalt Tools. It will be televised live on Univision: Solo Boxeo Tecate on Telefutura at 10:00 p.m. CT.
Tickets on sale Friday, September 7th. Tickets, priced at $20, $45, $75, $100 and $125, are available for purchase at the AT&T Center Box Office or online at Ticketmaster.com. Doors at the Freeman Coliseum will open at 6:00 p.m. CT first fight scheduled at 7:00 p.m. CT. subject to change.
Promoters “Jesse” James Leija and Mike Battah along with boxers Rocky Juarez and Antonio Escalante available for interviews immediately following the press conference.
- Canelo stops Angulo in 10th; Santa Cruz defeats Mijares
- Rustam Nugaev and Roman Morales Victorious on ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Disappointment For Marston, Prince Reigns Supreme, Sensational Ozgul Bros roll on
- Hardy & Paddock Claim Titles in Bumper Night of Boxing Action
- Acourtier ‘Warzone’ Event Review
- Thompson Boxing Promotions “New Blood” Results: Carlson Wins WBC Latino 118 lb. Title
- DeGale defeats Khatchikian in a surprisingly competitive fight
- Cotto vs. Martinez Puerto Rico Press Conference
- Randy Petalcorin: “I’m here to win a world title”
- Froch-Groves meet at Wembley press conference ahead of rematch – 60,000 tickets gone in an hour!
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Canelo vs Angulo, Santa Cruz, Rigondeaux, and Tony Weeks!
- Danny Garcia and Mauricio Herrera media conference call transcript
- Manny Pacquiao Arrives at LAX / USA
- “Canelo Alvarez, Alfredo Angulo, Floyd Mayweather Jr, and Marcos Maidana” edition of “The Pugilist KOrner’s: Weekend Wrap”