- Abel Sanchez, Graham Shaw, Fred Jenkins & Adam Booth
- Douglas vs. Soro ShoBox 200 Final Weights, Quotes
- Team England Headlines
- Derek “Pooh” Ennis looking to get back into title contention with win over Truax this Friday night in Chicago
- TAMPA BAY TIMES FORUM PRESENTS DUEL MAIN EVENT WITH TWO WORLD BOXING FEDERATION TITLES ON THE LINE
- Fight Network Presents Fury vs. Ustinov LIVE this Saturday at 2 p.m. ET
Garcia, Morales, Quillin, Malignaggi, Jacobs final workout quotes
NEW YORK (Oct. 18, 2012) – Just three days before they step into the ring as part of world championship boxing’s historic return to Brooklyn, Saturday’s fighters worked out in a ring erected in Barclays Center Daily News Plaza, in front of the arena that will host Saturday’s world championship quadruple-header, live on SHOWTIME (8 p.m. ET/PT, delayed on the West Coast).
Fans cheered for the fighters who will take part in the first world championship event in Brooklyn in over 80 years and the kickoff boxing event at the brand new Barclays Center.
Unified Super Lightweight World Champion Danny “Swift” Garcia, of Philadelphia, will defend his crown against future Hall of Famer Erik “El Terrible” Morales, of Tijuana, Mexico, in the main event. In co-featured attractions, Brooklyn’s own Paulie “Magic Man” Malignaggi puts his WBA Welterweight World Championship on the line against hard-hitting Mexican Pablo Cesar “El Demoledor” Cano, undefeated No. 1 rated WBO middleweight contender Peter “Kid Chocolate” Quillin, of Manhattan, takes on France’s unbeaten Hassan N’Dam for N’Dam’s WBO Middleweight World Championship and Devon Alexander “The Great,” of St. Louis, faces Miami’s Randall Bailey for Bailey’s IBF Welterweight World Championship.
Here’s what the fighters had to say on Wednesday:
“I feel strong, I’m well prepared and I can’t wait to show case my skills.
“I expect a lot of fans from Philadelphia to come. Everyone is coming to this fight. It’s big.
“I always go for the knockout, the fans love it. That’s what I do, I bring knockout power.
“Definitely expect a win. I’ve been training so hard. I’m too smart and I can’t see myself losing to anyone anytime soon.”
“Lots of people have seen my fights. Even though I’m not at home, I know lots of people will watch and they will see my hard work and effort in the ring.
“We’re totally prepared. We are ready and anticipating stepping in the ring. We’re very hurt over what happened in March and we have done everything possible to be ready for this Saturday.
“You don’t want to miss it. It will be an explosive and historic fight. You will see an Erik Morales who is ready.”
“It’s surreal that the time is almost here to put on the show. I have goose bumps every time I think about it. It’s a chance for Brooklynites to put Brooklyn on the map.”
“This is something that I’ve been fighting for my whole life. For a guy who never had anything to have something, it’s a blessing.
“Expect chocolate after I win and get my belt. Expect me to inspire. All you guys and gals that want to do something in your life and think that you’re not a fighter, you are a fighter as long as you have your spirit and your hard work behind you.”
“Mentally, I’m ready for battle especially after training for six months. It’s long overdue. Physically, I made weight three weeks ago so I’m ready to go. I’m just waiting for Saturday night.
“I am living proof of what hard work and determination can get you. I’ve suffered, been paralyzed and doctors told me I would never be able to box again.”
- Hyland back with a bang in New York
- Darryll Williams Beats Danny Brown To Maintain Unbeaten Record
- Avtandil Khurtsidze: Successful Comeback In NYC
- Patrick Hyland stops Echeverria in New York City
- Emanuel Taylor Defeats Karim Mayfield
- Guillermo Rigondeaux destroys Sod Kokietgym inside a round (with a little controversy thrown in!)
- Mararil Retains Title In Ugly Fight
- How much will Saturday night tell us about the future of Tyson Fury?
- Better Know a Boxer: Sergey Kovalev
- Golovkin vs Geale Saturday on HBO
- Fury vs Ustinov this Saturday
- Tyson Fury to face Alexander Ustinov on Saturday
- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
- Danny Garcia needs to make a statement against Rod Salka