Gary Shaw Signs Francisco Santana
August 28, 2012 – Gary Shaw Productions signs light-middleweight prospect Francisco Santana (13-3-1, 6 KOs) to a promotional contract with the hopes that the Santa Barbra Calif., native can work his way up the rankings.
“Santana is a very popular fighter in his region and he brings an exciting style to the ring every time he gets in there,” said Shaw. “The Chumash Casino is his home and we plan on showcasing him on all of our shows there. I know he has the talent to take his career to the next level and I’m looking forward to his development with Gary Shaw Productions.”
Upon winning his first nine fights, Santana looks to continue his success in the second half of his career. After a few bumps in the road, his sole focus is on staying in shape and winning fights.
“Gary Shaw is one of the best promoters in boxing and I’m very pleased to be moving forward with him and his staff,” stated Santana. “I feel great fighting at 154 and I’m willing to make the necessary sacrifices it takes to get to the top. Look for me to be back in the ring soon.”
- Clarke Back In Action
- Beard Backs Malinga To Beat Hall For World Crown
- ‘Rocky’ Returns After Two Years Out At Wigan
- Michael Jennings: “Matty can’t think past his next fight”
- Price’s ring-return delayed by virus
- Lionell Thompson plans to destroy Ryan Coyne Saturday in Atlantic City
- Local Stars Triumph In WBF Title Fights
- Thrill-a-minute slugger James Kirkland is BACK!
- Dazzling Darren Barker fails to weather the Sturm; Post Fight Video Interviews
- Sakio Bika Draws With Anthony Dirrell: Retains WBC 168 lb Strap
- Malignaggi defeats Judah, wants Broner-Maidana winner
- Rigondeaux dominates Agbeko; Macklin defeats Russ; Kirkland stops Tapia
- Malignaggi decisions Judah; Porter defeats Alexander; Lara beats Trout
- Italy 4-1 Germany: Team Deutschland crushed