- Mayweather Vs. Maidana: Preview And Prediction
- The Pound-for-Pound Top 10
- Manny Pacquiao: good enough to compete, but should now retire
- Maidana doesn't have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money
- Bernard Hopkins Vs. Beibut Shumenov: Preview And Prediction
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather's Power
- Frazer Clarke looking to make history in next week’s England Boxing National Finals
- McDonnell lands dream World title fight at Wembley
- Thompson Boxing Promotions Presents “Loaded” card featuring Efrain Esquivias, Giovani Santillan, & Jose Roman
- “The Fight Game With Jim Lampley” Debuts Saturday, April 19 on HBO
- WSB: Daniel Asenov is the hero of the day
- AFN To Carry Tomorrow Night’s ShoBox Tripleheader With Sammy Vasquez
Gary Shaw signs undefeated power puncher Javier Flores
Gary Shaw Productions is pleased to announce the signing of Javier “El Chino” Flores (7-0, 7 KOs), an undefeated power punching welterweight from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, who trains in New Haven, Connecticut.
Javier’s pros style was evident in the amateur ranks where he had 68 fights of which he won 38 by KO. Flores, a 5’9″southpaw, has hired the services of new trainer John Scully who trains him at the Lion’s Den boxing gym in Connecticut.
“I’m very excited to be fighting for Gary Shaw Productions, one of the best promoters in boxing,” Flores said. “All my dreams are coming true and I’m going to work hard to get to the top. I just started training with John Scully and he and I are working great together. I’m looking forward to my next fight and what Gary has planned for me.”
“Signing with Gary Shaw is the best thing to happen to us,” said Jose Colon who manages Flores. “We felt real comfortable the first time we met with Gary. He says what he does and does what he says. That’s the type of guy I want to be associated with. Gary has a reputation of taking care of his fighters and that’s why we signed with him.”
With a plethora of Puerto Rican fighters signed to his roster, Gary Shaw is the moving force when it comes to signing the top fighters out of Puerto Rico. With the signing of Flores, Gary feels his company is in a great place. Shaw plans to get Flores in the ring in the immediate future.
“Puerto Rico is loaded with great talent and Javier Flores is another great fighter that I’m happy to have signed,” said Shaw. “His heavy hands are a thing of beauty to witness in person and his boxing skills are superb. He’s got a great team around him with Jose Colon as his manager and John Scully as his trainer. I have big plans for this kid and I want the boxing world to take notice.”
Flores will be fighting alongside other fellow Puerto Rico countrymen promoted by Gary Shaw in Thomas Dulorme (16-0, 12 KOs), Jose Pedraz (10-0, 6 KOs), Jorge Maysonet Jr. (9-0, 8 KOs) and Jonathan Gonzalez (15-0-1, 13 KOs) to name a few.
- July Draws with Graves; Vows for better showing in next bout
- Jordan Shimmell wins by TKO on the Golden Boy show in Chicago
- Pacquiao is back as he beats Bradley
- Left-Hook Lounge Mailbag: Pacquiao vs Bradley, Canelo vs Lara, and Bob Arum!!
- Video: Manuel Charr outworks Kevin Johnson over ten
- ‘The Master’ Masternak dominates in Denmark
- Andy Lee Wins Denmark Encounter
- Malignaggi vs. Porter: Which Shawn “Showtime” Porter will show up against the Magic Man in DC?
- Showtime Tripleheader gives BHOP a chance to add more legend to his longevity
- ShoBox: The New Generation Final Weights & Quotes For Friday’s Iron Mike Productions Tripleheader
- Final press conference quotes for “History at the capitol: Bernard Hopkins vs. Beibut Shumenov”
- The British Invader: Steed “The Stallion” Woodall
- Maidana Not worried about Mayweather’s Power
- Maidana doesn’t have the power but maybe he has the style to beat Money