- Courtney Richards Ready To Rumble
- Khattab handed tough test for Copenhagen return
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS PARTNERS WITH TOP RANK BOXING TO PRESENT IRON BOY 15
- WBC – Aug. 28, 2014 – Jose Sulaiman Boxers Fund
- GOLDEN BOY LIVE! RETURNS TO FANTASY SPRINGS RESORT CASINO ON OCTOBER 9 HEADLINED BY “RONNY RIOS VS. ROBINSON CASTELLANOS”
- “Cornered: Kenny Bayless” Premieres Tuesday, Sept. 9 on HBO®
Gary Shaw signs undefeated power puncher Javier Flores
Gary Shaw Productions is pleased to announce the signing of Javier “El Chino” Flores (7-0, 7 KOs), an undefeated power punching welterweight from Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, who trains in New Haven, Connecticut.
Javier’s pros style was evident in the amateur ranks where he had 68 fights of which he won 38 by KO. Flores, a 5’9″southpaw, has hired the services of new trainer John Scully who trains him at the Lion’s Den boxing gym in Connecticut.
“I’m very excited to be fighting for Gary Shaw Productions, one of the best promoters in boxing,” Flores said. “All my dreams are coming true and I’m going to work hard to get to the top. I just started training with John Scully and he and I are working great together. I’m looking forward to my next fight and what Gary has planned for me.”
“Signing with Gary Shaw is the best thing to happen to us,” said Jose Colon who manages Flores. “We felt real comfortable the first time we met with Gary. He says what he does and does what he says. That’s the type of guy I want to be associated with. Gary has a reputation of taking care of his fighters and that’s why we signed with him.”
With a plethora of Puerto Rican fighters signed to his roster, Gary Shaw is the moving force when it comes to signing the top fighters out of Puerto Rico. With the signing of Flores, Gary feels his company is in a great place. Shaw plans to get Flores in the ring in the immediate future.
“Puerto Rico is loaded with great talent and Javier Flores is another great fighter that I’m happy to have signed,” said Shaw. “His heavy hands are a thing of beauty to witness in person and his boxing skills are superb. He’s got a great team around him with Jose Colon as his manager and John Scully as his trainer. I have big plans for this kid and I want the boxing world to take notice.”
Flores will be fighting alongside other fellow Puerto Rico countrymen promoted by Gary Shaw in Thomas Dulorme (16-0, 12 KOs), Jose Pedraz (10-0, 6 KOs), Jorge Maysonet Jr. (9-0, 8 KOs) and Jonathan Gonzalez (15-0-1, 13 KOs) to name a few.
- Comanche Boy Cruises To Victory Over Tracy Sneed
- Shannon Briggs destroys Cory Phelps in 1st round TKO
- Don “Da Bomb” George claims IBO Super Middleweight Belt
- Mhlongo & Mlotshwa Impressive In WBF Title Fight Victories
- Results from Friday’s “New Blood” Event in Corona, CA
- Trout gets off the canvas and back into the win column
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Andre Berto Eyes Impressive Showing in September 6 Ring Return
- Marcos Maidana Interview Transcript
- Mexican Boxing Legends Talk Marcos Maidana
- Nonito Donaire vs. Nicholas Walters on October 18th at StubHub Center, Carson, California
- Exciting Times for Randy Petalcorin
- Golovkin-Rubio “Mexican Style” Kick Off
- Jermain Taylor — FESSED UP TO SHOOTING COUSIN … Cops Say