- Arum says Cotto’s next fight likely won’t be HBO PPV
- Arum working on Chavez Jr-Froch fight for 1/24
- Cotto’s adviser to consider Golovkin fight among others
- Gennady Golovkin: The Boxing Monster
- Fenech: "Lucas Browne can be a world champ in six months"
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a "no contest"
- Olympians and Champions populate APB’s 60kg Lightweight Category
- Amnat Ruenroeng vs McWilliams Arroyo date change; now on for Sept 10
- Coyle and Ryder heading to Dublin
- Sammy Vasquez Jr. Training Camp Quotes
- Raging Babe online store to launch Friday
- Galahad vs. Cave, Ponds Forge, Sheffield, 20th September
GBP provides relief to Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City; Broner destroys DeMarco
Atlantic City, NJ (Nov. 18) – Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar De La Hoya and Caesars Atlantic City brought much needed relief to the Boys & Girls Club of Atlantic City, whose facilities sustained considerable damage during Hurricane Sandy, by way of a sizable $44,292 donation made to the club.
In the aftermath of the storm, Golden Boy, De La Hoya and Caesars Atlantic City pledged to donate $2 per ticket sold and $1,000 per knockout scored during the Adrien “The Problem” Broner vs. Antonio DeMarco WBC Lightweight World Championship event which took place Saturday night at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
The tally from tickets sold was $7,764 and $7,000 for knockouts scored as the seven-bout fight card saw knockouts in all seven fights. That total of $14,764 was matched by each of Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya and Caesars Atlantic City, bringing the grand total of the donation to $44,292.
In addition to the monetary donation, Golden Boy Promotions also donated fight tickets to the organization, fighters Adrien Broner and Seth Mitchell visited one of the clubs last Wednesday. The pair spoke to young members of the club and helped clean up Hurricane Sandy-strewn debris from the grounds outside the facility. Several of the area facilities were heavily damaged during the storm, forcing closures that directly impacted underserved youth and their family members who rely on the club.
“We are extremely happy that we were not only able to host the fight in Atlantic City and give people a great night of entertainment, but that we were able raise the monies to make such a large contribution to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Atlantic City,” said Oscar De La Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions, who was in attendance at the evening’s event. “It is so gratifying for all of us at Golden Boy to be able to help this area recover from the impact of this destructive storm.”
“Sandy not only breached the walls of the Boys & Girls Club, but also the lives of each and every member here in Atlantic City,” said John Smith, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Harrah’s Resort who was also in attendance at the event. “It is with great honor that we make this donation to an organization that embodies the never-give-up attitude of New Jersey.”
ABOUT “BRONER VS. DEMARCO”:
Broner vs. DeMarco, a 12-round fight between Adrien “The Problem” Broner and Antonio DeMarco for DeMarco’s WBC Lightweight World Championship was promoted by Golden Boy Promotions and R & R Promotions in association with Gary Shaw Productions and sponsored by Corona and AT&T. Broner scored an eighth round technical knockout over DeMarco to capture the WBC Lightweight World Championship live on HBO World Championship Boxing. In the co-main event, also live on HBO, Johnathon Banks scored a second round knockout win over Seth “Mayhem” Mitchell and captured Mitchell’s NABO Heavyweight title and the vacant WBC International Heavyweight title.
- Damien Hooper beats Casey
- German commission (BDB) changes result: Hammer vs. Mathis a “no contest”
- Carlos Carlson Retains WBC Latino Bantamweight Title at “Locked n Loaded” Ontario, CA
- Dusty Hernandez-Harrison Dominates At Madison Square Garden
- GGG – a modest definition of danger?
- Gennady Golovkin – The Real Deal Destroys Daniel “The Real Deal” Geale
- Bryant Jennings Gets Title Shot With Victory; Geale Loses in Spirited Effort
- Wladimir Klitschko and Kubrat Pulev sell out the O2 Arena in Hamburg, Germany
- Austin Trout: “I’m ready to get back to the top.”
- Live Stream: Kovalev vs. Caparello Final Press Conference
- Flaws of Boxing
- Video: Bundu vs Gavin, Browne vs Rudenko Weigh-In
- Hatton says Browne could fight Tyson Fury…
- Danny Garcia media workout quotes