- Ashley Theophane talks Floyd Mayweather and Mayhem
- Bermane Stiverne Interview: The WBC Heavyweight Champion Speaks Out
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int'l Intrigue
- Back at home Chris Algieri's whirlwind continues
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Arum wants Pacquiao vs. Mayweather in Macao, China
- IRON BOY PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCES IRON BOY 16: EL PASO
- Fight Network Presents Galahad vs. Dos Santos LIVE Boxing this Sat. at 5 pm ET
- NY Golden Gloves Champion Earl Newman to make pro debut Oct 4
- The United States’ Jose Alday, Jr., and LeShawn Rodriquez Advance in Leszek Drogosz Competition in Poland
- Mchunu-Wilson Final Press Conference Quotes
- Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Premieres This Saturday on SHOWTIME Immediately Followed By “ALL ACESS: Mayweather vs. Maidana 2 Epilogue”
Geale vs Mundine on 1/30 in Sydney
November 13, 2012 – Gary Shaw Productions, in association with Grange Old School Boxing and Black Venom Promotions, are happy to announce the date and location for the epic International Boxing Federation (IBF) Middleweight championship bout between Daniel “Real Deal” Geale (28-1, 15 KOs) and Anthony Mundine (44-4, 26 KOs). The Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia will host the larger-than-life rematch on January 30, 2012.
“In all my years in boxing, this is the biggest fight in Australian boxing history and we are delighted to be able to bring it to Sydney,” said Gary Shaw. “This city has a proud history of staging big fights and let me assure you they don’t get bigger than this. Daniel Geale is considered to be, by many, one of the best Middle Weights in the World, after winning 2 World Titles from German Fighters on German soil. Daniel is desperate to avenge his controversial loss to Mundine in 2009.”
“For Mundine, this is an opportunity to not only claim a fourth world title, but also put on a show for the millions of fans who will be watching this fight around the globe. This is a once in a life time fight that will captivate not only fans in Sydney, but across Australia and the rest of the world. I’d like to thank Destination NSW for their support in bringing this fight to Sydney and look forward to working together to ensure the event becomes a truly memorable sporting event.”
“I’m happy we are able to move forward with the promotion now that we have a date and venue sorted,” said Daniel Geale. “The Sydney Entertainment Centre is a fantastic place to hold this fight. The whole country is talking about this fight and I can’t wait to put Mundine in his place after all the trash talking he’s been doing. I encourage everyone to get their tickets now because January 30th will be a night to remember.”
“This fight is going to be a blockbuster event for the people of Australia and I’m expecting an explosive night of boxing,” said co-manager Garrie Francisco. “My partner Bill Treacy and I are excited to be part of this historic event.”
Today’s announcement marks a homecoming for Anthony Mundine, who returns to his ‘spiritual home’ for the eighth time as a professional.
“I’ve had some of my best fights in this venue and I can’t wait to get back here again on January 30″ Mundine said. “I made my pro debut and won my first world title here, it’s a special place for me and in January I’m going to write another chapter in my legacy by stopping Daniel Geale.”
The Sydney Entertainment Centre has capacity of 11,500 guests and is located 35 Harbour Street, Darling Harbour NSW 2000, Australia. Tickets priced Cat 1-$1000, Cat 2-$500, Cat 3-$300, Cat 4-$200, Cat 5-$100 and Cat 6-$75 can be purchased online at www.ticketmaster.com from 9am AEDT Friday, November 16.
For more information on this terrific showdown and to interact with their chosen fighter, simply log onto www.mundinevgeale.com and show your support for Dan or The Man!
Once registered, you will receive regular updates from your chosen fighter as well as the opportunity to purchase tickets to next year’s blockbuster before they are released to the general public.
This is a rare opportunity step inside the inner sanctum ahead of one of the most anticipated boxing events in Australian sports history. Check out www.mundinevgeale.com and join Team Mundine or Team Geale now!
- Conquest, Sparrow & Wright post wins at Tuesday Night Fights in Philadelphia
- The Calm after the “Mayhem”
- “My Fingers Was Numb!” Mayweather Survives Alleged Nom, Dances to UD in Maidana Rematch
- Cecilia Brækhus unifies division
- Danny McDermott wins WBU junior welterweight championship in GenSan
- Floyd Mayweather Remains Perfect In Rematch With Marcos Maidana on SHOWTIME PPV
- Mickey Bey defeats Miguel Vazquez
- Back at home Chris Algieri’s whirlwind continues
- The Sweet Sucker Punch: Georgie Benton
- Return of the Saint: George Groves ready to make a statement on Saturday night
- Interview: Explosive Joseph Parker meets a Tank
- Pacquiao-Algieri PPV Undercard Packs Plenty of Int’l Intrigue
- Coach Kevin Barry discusses the prospects of his exciting young protégé Joseph Parker
- Gerald Washington, a big man looking to do big things