- Broner: Khan and Brook can’t beat me
- Pacquiao to train 7 weeks for Algieri fight
- Austin Trout looking to turn his career around against Daniel Dawson
- Cotto working on selecting his December 13th opponent
- Klitschko working with 15 sparring partners to get ready for Pulev
- Robert Garcia impressed with Algieri's talent level
- MIKE TYSON PRESENTS BIG TEXAS THROWDOWN!! September 26, Mesquite TX
- Joe Ward: “I’m thankful that AIBA gave me the opportunity to be involved in APB”
- Shoulder injury forces Nicola Adams out of the 2014 Women’s Boxing World Championships in South Korea
- Undefeated lightweight contender Ivan Redkach Now trained by Robert Garcia
- Masternak joins forces with legendary German coach Wegner
- Trout vs Dawson Weigh-In Photos
Gennady Golovkin ready to start training camp in Big Bear, CA
LOS ANGELES, CA (October 11, 2012) WBA/IBO Middleweight World Champion Gennady Golovkin is headed to Southern California this weekend to begin training at The Summit in Big Bear, California with heralded trainer Abel Sanchez.
Prior to the start of training, Golovkin, Sanchez and Tom Loeffler, Managing Director of K2 Promotions will attend the HBO televised epic double-header at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California featuring world title bouts between Nonito Donaire and Toshiako Nishioka and Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado.
Although specific details on his upcoming fight have not been finalized, Golovkin is anxious to get back into training.
“Gennady has been at home now for about a month with his family in Germany,” said Sanchez. “His next fight will take place before the end of the year and I felt it was better to start camp now.”
“Daniel Geale and Gennady have until December 31, 2012 to fight each other according to the World Boxing Association (WBA) middleweight resolution”, said Loeffler. “Even though Geale is a warrior, he has spoken about fighting everyone else except Gennady. We should have an official announcement shortly about GGG’s next fight”
Golovkin made his US and HBO televised debut on September 1, stopping European champion and #3 WBA ranked Grzegorz Proksa in the fifth round at the Turning Stone Casino in Verona, NY.
“The response from Gennady’s last fight has been sensational and we know the boxing world is very interested in when he is fighting again. Gennady is just as excited to get back in the ring” said Loeffler.
- Results from “Path to Glory SD Style” San Diego, CA
- Anthony Barnes takes out Darryl Fields with a first round KO
- Brook Upsets Porter to take home the title
- Figueroa stops Estrada in an exciting fight
- Dirrell wins rematch with Bika, takes home the belt
- Brook defeats Porter; Dirrell and Bika look poor; Figueroa toughs it out
- Deontay Wilder stops Gavern, wants Klitschko after Stiverne fight
- Goosen gives Deontay Wilder a good chance of beating Stiverne
- Mayweather hopes Khan fight will happen in 2015
- Austin Trout in a make or break fight tonight against Daniel Dawson
- Sam Soliman vs. Jermain Taylor to be televised by ESPN2 on October 8th
- Abner Mares signs with Al Haymon
- Lucian Bute in action on 12/6 at Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada
- Hearn wants to schedule Brook-Khan fight for the summer in 2015