- Video - Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Alex Ariza Explains The Maidana Video
- Mayweather heads for 2014 bout with Pacquiao: belt or no belt?
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Discusses Future Opponents
- Broner/Maidana Fight: Formal Investigation Into Cheating Allegations
- Mendez not leaving Barthelemy Jan. 3 World title fight in judges’ hands
- Usmanee vs Rodriguez on Friday Night Fights, January 10 at Emerald Queen Casino
- Video: Floyd Mayweather Talks About Mayweather Promotions
- Lewis Rees looks to close the year with a sparkling performance
- Selby vs Munroe on Feb 1
- Tyler Asselstine Back In Action
- Would Floyd have beaten Maidana if he had moved up in weight so quickly?
- Martin Murray vs Miguel Cotto
- I Think Adrien Broner Will Be A FUTURE Legend
- Will A Japanese Boxer Ever Be WBC Heavyweight Champion?
- Brandon Rios call out Provodnikov, who wins?
- Viktor Postol..
- The Courage of Tommy Burns
- At the age of 24 who was more impressive against Maidana- Khan or Broner?
George Groves to face Glen Johnson on December 15th
Commonwealth Super-Middleweight Champion George Groves will defend his title against one of the toughest men in boxing on Saturday 15th December at London’s ExCeL when he faces former International Boxing Federation (IBF) World Light-Heavyweight Champion Glen Johnson.
Groves’ promoter Frank Warren confirmed today that Groves and the Jamaican born Miami based hardman Johnson will feature as chief support on the multi-title card headlined by World Boxing Organization (WBO) World Lightweight Champion Ricky Burns, live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546).
The Hammersmith southpaw is unbeaten in 15 fights, but sees Johnson as the toughest and most exciting fight of his career so far that has already seen him beat the best of British in James DeGale and Paul Smith.
Due to injuries Groves, 24, has only fought once this year, but he managed to put in action packed performance in California in July that saw him stop tough Mexican Francisco Sierra in six rounds that sent his stock soaring Stateside.
“Johnson is a great name and it will be a fantastic fight to end the year with before looking at a world title shot next year,” Said Groves
“He’s a true warrior and will come to fight and in no way am I expecting an easy night’s work against him. I’ll be training my guts out for this fight and it could turn into a brutal and bloody war, one that the fans will relish,”
“He’s had 70 fights with 35 knockouts and is a massive step up for me in just my sixteenth fight, a win against him would be great on my record. One things for sure, the fans and BoxNation viewers are in for a thrilling fight on December 15th,”
The legendary Bernard Hopkins is the first and only man to stop Johnson over 15 years ago and since then, amongst others, he’s taken world champions Chad Dawson and Carl Froch the full distance.
Groves knows he faces a huge task, but would love to be the first man since Hopkins to stop the Road Warrior.
He continued, “The man is like a tank coming forward all the time and I’ll need to pull out some big bombs if I’m going to stop him. Top men like Froch and Dawson, plus Antonio Tarver and Clinton Woods couldn’t halt him so it’s a tall order, but I’m confident in my abilities and if I can be the first since Hopkins to stop him then it will send a strong message out to the 168 pound world champions that I’m coming for them,”
Warren added, “It’s a very tough fight for George. Johnson has been around, seen it and done it in a near twenty year career so he’ll have bags of experience compared to George. But George is young, fresh, talented and hungry and really wants to prove that he’s the next world champion in waiting. I think that the fans will be for a cracking fight between these two, plus we’ll be announcing Ricky Burns’ challenger shortly.”
Tickets, priced at £40, £50, £75, £100, £150 and £200, are available from Eventim at www.eventim.co.uk or 0844 249 1000.
The show will be televised live and exclusive on BoxNation (Sky Ch. 437/Virgin Ch. 546). Join at www.boxnation.com
- Floyd Mayweather’s Trainer: Adrien Broner SUCKS … Don’t EVER Compare Him to Floyd!
- WBC News On Klitschko, Stiverne, Arreola
- Opponent Change For Frankie Gavin
- Vitali Klitschko may have vacated the WBC crown, but it could soon be back in the Klitschko family…
- Video – Floyd Mayweather: Manny Pacquiao Is Not On My Level
- Adrien Broner – the showman’s showdown
- Left-Hook Lounge Radio Goes Live at 9ET/6PT
- Odom and Barnwell Score Wins
- Maidana Shocked the Boxing World with an Upset Victory over Broner
- Broner gets beat up and knocked down by Maidana
- Marcos Maidana solves The Problem
- Maidana punishes Broner – a hype job exposed, or can Broner bounce back?
- Kubrat Pulev stops late sub Joey Abell to defend his IBF intercontinental title
- WBA Interim Welterweight title holder Keith Thurman stops Jesus Soto Karass in nine